Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Christine

Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    On final approach to Edinburgh

final approach means this is your last approach after several failed ones?, i don't understand the language
    that shit happened to me once when landing to london's easy jet stansted, we were about to touch ground when the plane started ascending once again, damn scary but smooth, it was weird because i don't remember experiencing crosswinds or anything

interesting

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by PureViolence View Post
    final approach means this is your last approach after several failed ones?, i don't understand the language
    A landing circuit has standard terminology from the basic overhead rejoin on a non controlled field: joining overhead the field, descending to circuit height on the non traffic side, doing a crosswind leg at circuit height (1,000' AGL), downwind at circuit height, base leg on descent to finals, final leg and then short finals. You can join downwind, base or long finals.

Air traffic control will have a number of reporting points for fast traffic and a number of joining patterns.

Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    A landing circuit has standard terminology from the basic overhead rejoin on a non controlled field: joining overhead the field, descending to circuit height on the non traffic side, doing a crosswind leg at circuit height (1,000' AGL), downwind at circuit height, base leg on descent to finals, final leg and then short finals. You can join downwind, base or long finals.

Air traffic control will have a number of reporting points for fast traffic and a number of joining patterns.

cool, i get it now, i've been watching tons of aviation videos lately, one of my friends started a pilot course, that's pretty mind blowing, i'm just thinking about buying microsoft flight simulator xD

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by PureViolence View Post
    cool, i get it now, i've been watching tons of aviation videos lately, one of my friends started a pilot course, that's pretty mind blowing, i'm just thinking about buying microsoft flight simulator xD
    If you buy Flight Simulator and you choose to share any of your simulation time to youtube, please label you video correctly that it's a Simulator, first and foremost.
    Also, final approach is where the plane is on approach to the runway, no more turns, or holding pattern and is descending to the runway. They can be as much as 200 miles, or 20 minutes long, especially when the runway just happens to be in just the right angle to the runway, like a well aligned tadger in otherwise twisty coitus.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    FRB

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Princes St. Edinburgh. The Scott monument at sunset.
    This one is my hobbyist "painting with light" and was made from three composite, auto bracketed shots (-3, 0, +3) to recreate what my mind's eye recalls.

My memory for pictures is primarily light and then color temperature. If a day has a strong yellow or orange tone in the 3,000 kelvin range, then it's very memorable to me and I can soak up the photons and remember how the picture "felt" on my eyes, rather than actually memorize the scene's details, or other facets. So, this picture is a representation of scene memory, since the camera, let alone your eyes, can actually record what the scene looked like with a single look, or photograph. I've added a vignette to more accurately represent the weaker peripheral vision of the eye.

Calton Hill, cell phone HDR

Single exposure of the Scott Monument, looking a bit Tolkien.

Forth rail bridge

Type
    INTP
    Second from last looks epic
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Colymbosathon ecplecticos BarIII's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    In Birmingham, taken by Mxx. I think she might be better than me at this!

The chair bothered me so I fixed it.

I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    The chair bothered me so I fixed it.