Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Limey's photographs

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    That is gorgeous. You should offer it to news stations – that image has definitely got potential to become iconic.
    Thanks!
    I'll go and post it to some flickr groups, that's how I got onto CNN a few years ago with a picture.
    I'm still an amateur, have never been paid for a picture! I'm like the Dobbie of photography. I'll get paid for a picture one day and get set free.
    We live here now.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Trey Ratcliff on Stuck in Customs HDR blog fame is live streaming his processing techniques

https://www.facebook.com/treyratclif...type=2&theater

edit: I think he's probably at the point where he's getting paid to demo software.

haha, he just said "sometimes I like to keep down the blacks" HDR humour!

He's an INTJ BTW
    We live here now.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    A picture I took of lower Manhattan on October 10th 2000 from the empire state building.
    I was working at an employer's offices off Wall St. and studying across the street in the black building next to the towers (1 Liberty Plaza) - I visited the towers one lunch time, but the security lines were a bit too long and I kinda got spooked just by being there, it was weird, so I left and didn't go back. I did get a nice shot of the globe sculpture outside and another looking up at them.

We live here now.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Leaving NYC a few weeks ago, looking south from the George Washington Bridge.

I got lazy, it's a cellphone pic - hard to do on a cellphone though.

We live here now.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    redo

We live here now.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Golden gate bridge, 5am

30 Rock rooftop
    Adjustment bureau
    We live here now.

Type
    INTP
    Your photography is improving. Really good work. What's the full frame of the flag picture look like? It's a small step away from being a truly iconic photograph, but it needs something recognisable in the background for context/contrast.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Your photography is improving. Really good work. What's the full frame of the flag picture look like? It's a small step away from being a truly iconic photograph, but it needs something recognisable in the background for context/contrast.
    Thanks. These New York pics are about six years old. My latest trips there I've been too tired, or I've just wanted to go home.
    The flag picture full frame is flipped, because the flag looks way better the correct way around. When panning out slightly, the most memorable thing is "burberry" right on the narrow, lighter building in the middle and also the lit time of day and temp (27F - about -3C)

This picture shows just how hard that flag was to photograph through a dirty glaring window. It's the roof of the Peninsula hotel on fifth avenue. The building had several model agencies, so going in and out was always full of strange looking people and some outrageously good looking zoolander types.

Spoiler: overxposed non-crop

Same flag:

We live here now.

Type
    INTP
    ^ Ok, not the most compelling backdrop for an alternate crop then. Although I reckon if you took a wider crop and threw in some godrays and a trite caption, you'd get a few million shares on facebook.

What are you shooting with these days?

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    ^ Ok, not the most compelling backdrop for an alternate crop then. Although I reckon if you took a wider crop and threw in some godrays and a trite caption, you'd get a few million shares on facebook.

What are you shooting with these days?
    A Sony A6000, although a lot of what's in this thread was on the Pentax k-x. I guess Sony is working well for me, but I really liked that pentax.

There wasn't much in the pic until I flipped it, cropped it and massaged all the color and tone levels to fight through the window haze.
    I think I'm better at post processing than I am at photography.
    We live here now.