Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: worst food you have ever tasted

Type
    INTP

worst food you have ever tasted

I say pickles. You?

Type
    INTJ
    Curried goat. Knowing those shady Kashmiri fuckers, it was probably dog.
    My dad went back for more and got himself a nice batch of food poisoning.

Type
    xNxx
    Bit into a soft pretzel + mustard, tore the back of my tongue on some 1980s braces. Nummy.

Type
    INTP
    Liver-of-anything puts me off my lunch. I have never been so physically sick and mentally disgusted with a "food" before.

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Something about jelly fish. I'm not saying its "bad", but I am saying when I was younger and was trying it, the experience of the texture and everything meant I just couldn't really swallow and bring myself to keep it down.

Type
    INTP
    Based on taste alone... I'm going to go with fennel or black licorice. It's disgusting. I don't know why anyone eats this stuff. Plus if you add fennel to a dish it makes everything taste like fennel and it ruins the whole dish.

I've been more grossed out by food based on texture. I'm funny about meats. If something made with ground meat is either too wet or too dry the texture alone is enough to make me lose my appetite. Same thing with deli meats if they're too slimy... but then I don't usually eat deli meats anyway. I had to recently because we went to the beach with the in-laws and my mother-in-law packed lunch for us. It was this pre-packaged deli meat. Ugh. I could tell it was going to be simply by looking at the package. I choked it down to be polite and because there was nothing else to eat. I guess I could have packed my own lunch, but MIL probably would have taken offense to that.

Type
    INTP
    Texture was a major issue with my worst food experience. It was supposed to me good and came highly recommended...

Sourdough toast topped with avocado with sardines mashed in.

I'm not that into avocado anyway... I tried my best, but it just got more and more disgusting. Half-way through I wondered why on earth I would force myself to eat as much as I did. Truly, everything was wrong with it. Like rotten, sour slime with limp chunks. The smell was rancid and the fattiness made it coat my mouth. Shudder.
    Don't remember changing this.

Type
    INXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Leak View Post
    Based on taste alone... I'm going to go with fennel or black licorice. It's disgusting. I don't know why anyone eats this stuff. Plus if you add fennel to a dish it makes everything taste like fennel and it ruins the whole dish.

I've been more grossed out by food based on texture. I'm funny about meats. If something made with ground meat is either too wet or too dry the texture alone is enough to make me lose my appetite. Same thing with deli meats if they're too slimy... but then I don't usually eat deli meats anyway. I had to recently because we went to the beach with the in-laws and my mother-in-law packed lunch for us. It was this pre-packaged deli meat. Ugh. I could tell it was going to be simply by looking at the package. I choked it down to be polite and because there was nothing else to eat. I guess I could have packed my own lunch, but MIL probably would have taken offense to that.
    Fennel irritates me also and I'm the same way with texture. It common to for me to say, "It tastes ok but the texture is all wrong."

My sister made some sausage links that tasted good but the skin was like scorched parchment paper in the way it crunched and the 'meat' itself had too much of the fat removed and they must have put the blender on liquefy to make it like a paste before stuffing it into the crunchy tube. It was like a pate cooked firm in there- texture way too fine for it to be meat.

That's not right.
    That's my poop stirrin' stick- Don't touch it! You don't know which end is the handle..

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    the kind of macaroni salad you find in convenience stores and fast food restaurants.

still can't bring myself to eat (mouthfuls of) stinky tofu. my nose is really sensitive.

i love sushi but bad sushi will make me sick. i don't mean improperly prepared, just not fresh.

cicadas. my inability to ignore the fact that it was a bug, and its appearance, biased my taste buds.

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Leak View Post
    Based on taste alone... I'm going to go with fennel or black licorice. It's disgusting. I don't know why anyone eats this stuff.
    I adore licorice. But I'm very picky about it. I suspect the licorice I like most would be the licorice you most abhor. I don't like it overly sweetened. I like it to be heavy and musky so that the smell saturates my mouth and nose like a good horseradish or vinegar--but without the stinging. Instead it's soothing, spicy, and cloying. A perfect licorice nearly smothers you as it envelops your sense of taste and smell. And it leaves your mucous membranes tingling.

Quote Originally Posted by lethe View Post
    I'm not that into avocado anyway...
    IIRC, you don't taste avocado the way most people do. I'm surprised you'd try anything that had it as a dominant flavour.

Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    the kind of macaroni salad you find in convenience stores and fast food restaurants.
    This. It tastes of plastic and chemicals, and is almost rancid.

Squash. I despise squash. I have a deep-seated moral aversion to squash that is only approached by my general aversion to lima beans.

Specifically, I speak of roasted squash. A few times a year, that's what dinner was, and I was always fighting the urge to vomit. I usually elected to go to bed hungry and endure the withering stares of disgust of my parents, who refused to let me fill up on side dishes instead. I think that if putting a forkful of a food in your mouth triggers your gag reflex, you shouldn't eat that food.

That said, there are spiced soups that use squash puree that are pretty palatable. I can tolerate, and sometimes enjoy zucchini on rare occasions. Say a mouthful every year or two. But by the second or third mouthful, the urge to vomit surges--and sometimes the bile does to. Again, foods that cause bile to swish around your mouth, probably shouldn't be eaten by you.

Another horrifying culinary disaster: Lime jello with shredded cabbage. It has the audacity to look like lime jello with flakes of coconut--which for some reason sounds tempting. But it isn't. The only purpose this "dessert" exists (IMSO), is to relish the look on the face of some poor schmuck who hasn't yet encountered it. Watching their faces go from eager anticipation to miserable horror in a single bite is priceless.
    I'm suspicious of people who say they'll die for a flag but won't wear a mask for their neighbor.