View Poll Results: What's your space rock poison?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Space Oddity

4 66.67%
  • Rocket Man (Elton John version)

2 33.33%
  • Rocket Man (William Shatner version)

0 0%

Thread: Rocket Man vs. Space Oddity

Banned
    Type
    INTP

Rocket Man vs. Space Oddity

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    How come you didn't mention this?
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    I'd never heard of it before. I don't know that much about 80's music, despite being born in the decade... but, it's not bad, actually. Not as good as Bowie, but I like it. Bowie wins in this, in my view. It's more musically interesting than Rocket Man, IMO. The quiet but tense build-up, the crescendo, the eerie feeling, the lyrics as radio communications... it's just a more interesting song, not that Rocket Man is a bad song.

I just have a tendency to overlook 80's.. I can't help but associate with bad haircuts and the overuse of synths.

I like this, though:

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    It's the same story though- so I'm leading you to believe.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

I think Space Oddity gets this one. This video is David Bowie's favorite cover of the song, from space.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

DOA Space Invaders Champion Neville's Avatar
    Type
    Taur