Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Food You Have Ever Tasted

Type
    INTj

Best Food You Have Ever Tasted

Truffle risotto in a Montreal oyster bar.

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    speaking of montreal, poutine from a montreal greasy spoon near the metro stop i was staying next to. possibly overrated but i have american taste & it's such good junk / comfort food. i still get cravings for that stuff.

Type
    INTJ
    A Cantonese place in one of my shitty childhood neighborhoods had the best spare ribs. I've tried to reproduce them for years and have the taste fairly similar with the following ingredients:

Golden refiners Syrup (or Caro)/liquid cane sugar
    ginger/powdered ginger
    garlic/garlic powder
    red cooking wine
    salt

...but I don't have the same texture and the same cuts of pork ribs are hard to find. I think they were soaked for at least a day, maybe two, since the coloring was soaked into the bone. I also think they may have been partially caramelized and seared on an open flame. Those, with a chicken chow mein with raw beansprouts, or duck with green peppers in black bean sauce. That would be my last request meal.

I know it's really bad for you, carcinogenic apparently, but I love anything that is almost burned. especially fried to a crisp onions on a hotdog, or chicken drumsticks, overdone on a charcoal grill.

Damn, making myself hungry.

Type
    INTP
    I had this filet mignon at a wedding reception once that was just perfect. Like meat candy, melting in my mouth. I was like ten years old and I still remember it fondly.

Type
    INFP
    Beef tartar off the unofficial menu from a local place. I actually cried.

Bone marrow scrambled eggs with sage.
    Last edited by Vison; 08-18-2014 at 02:31 PM.
    Oh fuck it, Its the 90's.

Type
    INTP
    Salmon with a lemon herb seasoning on like a skillet with red potatoes . Was like 40+ for the plate but I didn't pay for it was so good I took one bite and it forever changed my view on seafood and especially salmon now I am a huge fan. It was a little place in Gettysburg.

Type
    INTP
    I've had so many knee weakening mouthgasms, I can hardly choose! I know for me, situation plays a huge role.

One that comes to mind was a dessert I didn't expect to like: Cajeta Flan (goats milk, caramel, pineapple)

It was creamy, funky and sweet without being overpowering. The flan was smooth and strong with caramel, there was a bit of creamy ice cream that I think carried most the "goat-ness" and reminded me of cheesecake flavor. The warm pineapple pieces were grilled and added the right amount of tart and brightness to cut through the richer flavors. When I got the perfect bite of all three and some caramel sauce - an unexpected balance of joy.

I also treasure the time I had homemade chicken liver pate. It was made by a little old lady who can turn great foods into heaven without breaking a sweat. She made it for a weekly card game night (cribbage and hearts) I joined sometimes. I was already in love with her eggplant Parmesan, realized it was easy to screw up and I didn't usually care for other versions I've had. So I figured if I was ever going to give a risky food a try, she was the one to try it from.

I'd never had pate before, heard it was gross, and after eating it I could easily see how it could be truly disgusting if not done perfectly. It did not look very appetizing. But, of course, hers was perfection. It was light in the mouth but tasted like it should be dense. Potent, surprisingly complex, and heavily onion flavored. It felt like it melted in your mouth. I couldn't get enough! I devoured it! That pate was truly one of the most delicious things I have ever tasted in my entire life, and I fully expect it to remain that way.
    Don't remember changing this.

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Prosciutto is the food of the gods...

/foie gras is the food of the devil, in that you can get addicted to it, and cry while you're eating it anyway 'cause you know how its made but eat it anyway....

Type
    INTj
    http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/eati...ry?id=24969786

If ever there was a time to open a poutine restaurant in America, it would be now. Low entry cost, cheap and simple ingredients, minimal cooking skill necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by ACow View Post
    Prosciutto is the food of the gods...

/foie gras is the food of the devil, in that you can get addicted to it, and cry while you're eating it anyway 'cause you know how its made but eat it anyway....
    Prosciutto/arugula paninis are amazing, well, prosciutto anything really. I've only had a foie gras topped burger, which was admittedly delicious.

Type
    INTP
    Yeah that looks disgusting.