Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Political Test

  1. #1
    Member Bartender's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Western New York - USA
    Posts
    716

    Political Test

    I found a pretty good test site. Tell me what you guys think. It gives you a range of topics and has multiple different answers to each question as well as sliders for how important it is to you. Then compares it against the views of a range of parties. This is a US test btw.
    Political Test

    My Results

  2. #2
    Minister of Love Roger Mexico's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    New World
    Posts
    3,240
    INTPx Award Winner
    That one's alright. I like it when it matches you with specific candidates. Maybe it only does that for presidential elections, but it seems like it wouldn't be too hard for them to add functionality for putting you in a certain Congressional district and knowing who is running there.

    I like this one:

    http://www.politicaltest.net/

    It seems to have more of an international perspective and plots you on a 3D grid rather than the 2D one those libertarian tests use. (It also gives you scores in 7 specific categories, like nationalist vs internationalist.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.

  3. #3
    Member Bartender's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Western New York - USA
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Mexico View Post
    That one's alright. I like it when it matches you with specific candidates. Maybe it only does that for presidential elections, but it seems like it wouldn't be too hard for them to add functionality for putting you in a certain Congressional district and knowing who is running there.

    I like this one:

    http://www.politicaltest.net/



    It seems to have more of an international perspective and plots you on a 3D grid rather than the 2D one those libertarian tests use. (It also gives you scores in 7 specific categories, like nationalist vs internationalist.)
    My site has various sub sites for Canada/uk/india

    I took that test this is what I got. How about you?


  4. #4
    Member Bartender's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Western New York - USA
    Posts
    716
    It appears I am old person incarnate I line up with those of 50-75 age range haha

  5. #5
    凸(ಠ_ರೃ )凸 stuck's Avatar
    Type
    xNxx
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,642
    the problem with a dot on a 3d graph that doesn't rotate is that you could be anywhere on a line passing through the point and your eyeball

  6. #6
    Member Bartender's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Western New York - USA
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    the problem with a dot on a 3d graph that doesn't rotate is that you could be anywhere on a line passing through the point and your eyeball
    Yeah I wasn't a big fan of it myself. I prefer the one I used originally.

  7. #7
    igKnight Hephaestus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    9,142
    You can get a sense of it if you squint and pay attention to the axis labels. At least the relevant sector is highlighted, and I found you could get a decent reckoning by conditioning on the bars listed above.

    I came out a "Social Democrat Patriot". Funny how life leads to a leftward drift as you re-valuate your data regarding what is actually important to you. Then again, I had a few social studies instructors I used to talk to about civics and the like who were flabbergasted that I thought of myself as a Republican. But it's also not that surprising coming from a military family. I grew up seeing the tremendous advantages possible from well run socialism and the tremendous problems (and surprising advantages) of fascism.

    Still pretty centrist on a global scale, and barely a commie at all.
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

  8. #8
    Hasta Siempre Madrigal's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Maņana
    Posts
    7,121
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
    I found a pretty good test site. Tell me what you guys think. It gives you a range of topics and has multiple different answers to each question as well as sliders for how important it is to you. Then compares it against the views of a range of parties. This is a US test btw.
    Political Test
    "No Ideal Candidates"



    Didn't think so.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

  9. #9
    Member Aurast's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Mexico View Post
    That one's alright. I like it when it matches you with specific candidates. Maybe it only does that for presidential elections, but it seems like it wouldn't be too hard for them to add functionality for putting you in a certain Congressional district and knowing who is running there.

    I like this one:

    http://www.politicaltest.net/

    It seems to have more of an international perspective and plots you on a 3D grid rather than the 2D one those libertarian tests use. (It also gives you scores in 7 specific categories, like nationalist vs internationalist.)
    Looks like it does now match you up with presidential candidates at least, even retroactively, as seen in OP's link.

    Here's mine: http://www.isidewith.com/elections/2...ial/1630955289

    I guess it's probably not just me, but these tests always misinterpret my answers as manifestations of support for general principle X when they're really manifestations of support for general principle Y. I guess I would prefer questions that were about the general principles rather than specific issues.

  10. #10
    Member
    Type
    INTx
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25
    ^According to this test, I'm feeling the Bern.

Similar Threads

  1. Ukraine political unrest
    By Anon in forum News, Culture & History
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 05-23-2015, 06:46 PM
  2. Political Theory
    By msg_v2 in forum News, Culture & History
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2014, 08:26 PM
  3. Political Music
    By giegs in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 07:44 PM
  4. Political Movements from the Internet
    By Roger Mexico in forum News, Culture & History
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-22-2014, 11:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •