Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fictional Wealth

Type
    INXX

Fictional Wealth

If you've ever wondered just how wealthy a fictional character really is:

Here's what Forbes estimates based on their holdings.

This is the same list but you don't have to read as much.

That's my poop stirrin' stick- Don't touch it! You don't know which end is the handle..

Type
    INTP
    Hmm, Mario is interesting. I get that he gets lots of coins and stuff, but Peach lives in a freaking in a castle and so does Bowser.

Also, how does Jabba the hutt have more money than Vader?
    Last edited by El D.; 08-22-2014 at 11:31 PM. Reason: cannot write

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by El D. View Post

Also, how does Jabba the hut have more money than Vader?
    Vader is a public servant. He controls the use of vast wealth, but isn't like he owns the Deathstar outright. He probably owns his special TIE fighter though.

Then, there's all the medical bills. Holy fuckin' shit--he's barely staying out of the red keeping himself in the black if you get my drift.

Speaking of staying in the black, his mechanic charges an arm and a leg, and Vader doesn't have either to pay, so that's another major drain on his salary. It's just good fortune he doesn't need much food anymore because he can't afford to eat whomp rat stew.

Jabba, however, belongs to the Hutt clan, an intergalactic gangster outfit and while he's not top dog, he's still no small fish. In addition to being a Hutt, he's affiliated with the Black Sun syndicate which brings him even more opportunities for that sweet sweet illicit cash.

It's just a completely different ballgame.
    I'm suspicious of people who say they'll die for a flag but won't wear a mask for their neighbor.

Type
    INXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Vader is a public servant. He controls the use of vast wealth, but isn't like he owns the Deathstar outright. He probably owns his special TIE fighter though.

Then, there's all the medical bills. Holy fuckin' shit--he's barely staying out of the red keeping himself in the black if you get my drift.

Speaking of staying in the black, his mechanic charges an arm and a leg, and Vader doesn't have either to pay, so that's another major drain on his salary. It's just good fortune he doesn't need much food anymore because he can't afford to eat whomp rat stew.

Jabba, however, belongs to the Hutt clan, an intergalactic gangster outfit and while he's not top dog, he's still no small fish. In addition to being a Hutt, he's affiliated with the Black Sun syndicate which brings him even more opportunities for that sweet sweet illicit cash.

It's just a completely different ballgame.
    He did a lot of his own repairs- especially in the beginning because his early armour and cybernetics were very primitive and in some battles during the Jedi purge he could barely stand up because of malfunctions. He was clunky and oafish.

But I would like to add this: we don't have an address for him. What did he really own?
    That's my poop stirrin' stick- Don't touch it! You don't know which end is the handle..

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by latch View Post
    He did a lot of his own repairs- especially in the beginning because his early armour and cybernetics were very primitive and in some battles during the Jedi purge he could barely stand up because of malfunctions. He was clunky and oafish.

But I would like to add this: we don't have an address for him. What did he really own?
    From what I've read, there was even some suspicion that Palpatine was deliberately fucking with him with substandard cybernetics. It does explain why Vader never runs though. He always walks. He wouldn't want to end up bouncing along like one of those clanky battledroids. Your badass respirator helmet looks way less intimidating when you have vomit streaming out the seals.

My best guess for his possessions:

1 Tie Fighter: Advanced: Custom: Glasspack mufflers because "Fuck you science, Ima wizard that can choke people through the internet! Ima have LOUD pipes in space"

1 Penis Helmet (It was a gift from a giant cock)

1 Respirator facemask with integrated nebulizer and transitions lenses. They go from dark to welding dark. Lightsabers are bright.

1 Lightsaber, red

1 Lightsaber, bubblegum pink

1 Lightsaber, sorta red but the colour isn't consistently there. It's a POS.

34 Youngling ears

2 capes, black

1 left leg (almost financed)

1 right leg (paid off and clearly out of warranty)

2 right arms (one for work, one for play)

1 left arm (there were two, but one got left...behind)

1 iPod Breastplate

1 T-shirt: Message T: "Han Shot First!"

Other than that, he didn't really own anything. He just used stuff. He was still an ascetic at heart.
    I'm suspicious of people who say they'll die for a flag but won't wear a mask for their neighbor.

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    https://salaryfairy.com/blog/salarie...-tv-characters

This is an interesting subject, because some fictional characters have possessions they couldn't reasonably afford based on the salary of the job they're supposed to have. Living in Miami and working as a blood-spatter technician, Dexter Morgan shouldn't really be able to afford all the very expensive things he seems to own.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    INXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    My best guess for his possessions:
    Dude you seem to know a lot. Have you been to his room?

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by latch View Post
    Dude you seem to know a lot. Have you been to his room?
    When Heph swiped yes on grindr he had no idea where the rest of the evening was going to take him.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Interesting mix of heroes and villains on that list. We're ambivalent about wealth, but we mistrust science, if the movies are any guide.
    Lisbeth Salander was rich? She's an INTP, then, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by latch
    But I would like to add this: we don't have an address for him . (Darth Vader)
    A deleted scene from an early draft for the script of the Empire Strikes Back had him living on a castle in a lava planet.

I heard that Tywin Lannister doesn't really shit gold.

Why do you suppose people in movies are so rich? Even the "average people" are pretty well off. The best example I can think of off the top of my head is "Home Alone".... apparently, the location for the exteriors of that house is a pretty ritzy Chicago neighborhood. It was recently sold for $1.585 million. Granted, being in a movie would probably mark up the price a bit.
    Last edited by msg_v2; 08-23-2014 at 02:32 AM.

Type
    INXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Slab_Bulkhead View Post
    Lisbeth Salander was rich? INTP, then for sure.
    What does that even mean? Are you under the impression INTP's are rich?

deleted scene...
    That means it's non-canonical. Just like @Light Leak.

I heard that Tywin Lannister doesn't really shit gold.
    That's crap. Don't believe everything you hear.