Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things you can't say aloud

Type
    INTP

Things you can't say aloud

I hate it when my friends wear strapless wedding dresses because with very few exceptions they always look like the dresses fit poorly and give them massively saggy boobs.

Like I want to go on facebook and say omg congratulations yr beautiful! but all I can think of to say is like holy shit, how did you get your boobs migrate to your waist? It looks terrible!

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I hate it when my friends wear strapless wedding dresses because with very few exceptions they always look like the dresses fit poorly and give them massively saggy boobs.

Like I want to go on facebook and say omg congratulations yr beautiful! but all I can think of to say is like holy shit, how did you get your boobs migrate to your waist? It looks terrible!
    Interesting, I thought that was an exclusively post-divorce "single and fabulous" look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    My wedding dress was strapless. I didn't set out to buy a strapless one. I just tried a few on for the hell of it and ended up really liking one.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Interesting, I thought that was an exclusively post-divorce "single and fabulous" look.
    I don't think we're all collectively old enough for divorce yet. Give it a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Leak View Post
    My wedding dress was strapless. I didn't set out to buy a strapless one. I just tried a few on for the hell of it and ended up really liking one.
    It works on some people.

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    sometimes i feel like telling people that their children / baby relatives aren't cute and to stop pushing them in my face cuz i'm not amused, but then i realize that's how most people would feel about my pets. we've all got that thing and people deserve to be happy.

Type
    INTP
    I wish I could tell people I don't care what happened to random people I knew 10 years ago. Apparently that's insensitive as is telling people I don't want to hold the baby.

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Got married: "At least you don't have a kid yet..."

Wedding dresses: "You look like a water balloon covered in misshapen fabric and stitched together with insufficient quantities of string."/"Jesus, lay off the tan"/"You're so brave to walk down the isle while pregnant"

Wedding: "It was pretty tasteless"/"I can't believe you spent that much money for such a shit result"/"Well, you certainly got the wedding your parents always wanted"

Had a child: "It looks like you both...poor child"/"I regret having it"

Friend gets a job: "It sounds like it would be shit"/"Is this a good thing?" (doubly funny because I said the later to my now wife during university :P)

Type
    INTP
    At a funeral when someone tells me that the deceased is now an angel in heaven: "The deceased is now just dead and decomposing. And you probably are a Lutheran so you should know that the official version is that God wakes all the dead people on the last day. As in they stay dead in the grave until that. No angels involved either way."

Funerals are not the best place for theological debate. Well, I'm not interested in theological debate anyway except from an anthropological point of view.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
    At a funeral when someone tells me that the deceased is now an angel in heaven: "The deceased is now just dead and decomposing. And you probably are a Lutheran so you should know that the official version is that God wakes all the dead people on the last day. As in they stay dead in the grave until that. No angels involved either way."

Funerals are not the best place for theological debate. Well, I'm not interested in theological debate anyway except from an anthropological point of view.
    Debate/argument is best not held at a funeral. Wait for the wake, when people are drinking.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Debate/argument is best not held at a funeral. Wait for the wake, when people are drinking.
    I call the whole thing a funeral. Finnish funerals/wakes are pretty alcohol free usually. There's some assorted edibles and lots of coffee. Must be the Lutheran thing. I read somewhere that Finns drink so much coffee because it's the only stimulant with no social stigma attached. Coffee was once offered as an alternative to alcohol when the anti-alcohol movements started. Not very effective since parts of the population are still drinking themselves dead at a steady pace.