Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Strike Day

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

My Strike Day

Striking tomorrow. Kind of a wildcat thing cause my union won't, but I thought I'd join. It's a national transportation strike, so the company's going around offering rides to everyone. I don't care if they offer me a flying carpet. They can kiss my entire ass if they think I'm going to be a strike-breaker in return for the puny wage hike that they screwed us over with this year.

So, what's the ideal way to spend a strike day? Should I be combative and go join a picket? Should I read a book? Clean up my apartment? Sleep all day? Watch chick flicks and eat ice cream? Teach my cat how to say hello? Open to suggestions.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Striking tomorrow. Kind of a wildcat thing cause my union won't, but I thought I'd join. It's a national transportation strike, so the company's going around offering rides to everyone. I don't care if they offer me a flying carpet. They can kiss my entire ass if they think I'm going to be a strike-breaker in return for the puny wage hike that they screwed us over with this year.

So, what's the ideal way to spend a strike day? Should I be combative and go join a picket? Should I read a book? Clean up my apartment? Sleep all day? Watch chick flicks and eat ice cream? Teach my cat how to say hello? Open to suggestions.
    Is anyone else at work striking or just you? I've never been in a strike so I couldn't tell you but I would go picket if its nice out.

Type
    intp
    Do you have a plan for teaching your cat to say hello? That sounds like it would take longer than a day.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
    Is anyone else at work striking or just you? I've never been in a strike so I couldn't tell you but I would go picket if its nice out.
    Hmm. I guess I could, but that would put me in the dilemma of figuring out how to make my way around the city during a transport strike.

Btw I dunno how many are striking. I'll ask the day after.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwitch View Post
    Do you have a plan for teaching your cat to say hello? That sounds like it would take longer than a day.
    I feel like I have to accept this challenge now.

Type
    INTP
    You could teach the cat to picket.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
    You could teach the cat to picket.
    Well, he was named after Trotsky, and his greatest political achievement has been to beat up a cat named Durruti (after an anarchist in the Spanish Civil War), which is what led to his abandonment at my house by his original owner. She said that if I liked troublemakers so much I could keep him. And he has made trouble ever since, but he's too funny to get mad at. I don't think he wants to step outside though, unless there is a promise of pigeons.

Quote Originally Posted by El D. View Post
    Well, there will be road blockades for sure. Some union bureaucrats have made a pact with the government, and they have declared they won't strike, so it's probably going to get a little violent out there between the striking and non-striking factions. I'm sure some buses and taxis will be smashed.

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Type
    INTP
    They really need a wikihow article on how to read a book? I read the entire wheel of time series in 2 weeks and I did not need any kind of guide or tips.

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
    They really need a wikihow article on how to read a book? I read the entire wheel of time series in 2 weeks and I did not need any kind of guide or tips.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein