3 27.27%
  • 1.5-2.0

1 9.09%
  • 2.0-2.5

1 9.09%
  • 2.5+

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many kilos of hummus can you eat in one sitting?

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INFP

How many kilos of hummus can you eat in one sitting?

I ate half a kilo in one sitting yesterday, but it included lots of salsa, chicken, and white corn tortillas..

I think if I prepped for it, then I could probably eat in the range of 2.0-2.5 kilos in one sitting without puking, maybe more.

I propose this as an alternative to the ice bucket challenge.

Type
    INTP
    I feel like I should try this. I'd just need to figure out where to get hummus around here, or ingredients to make it.

I suspect I could eat quite a bit. Now I'm craving the hummus from a particular Lebanese restaurant in Portland I used to go to. That shit was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.

Type
    INXX
    If it's the hot pepper stuff, I can eat a whole sleeve of saltines with a quarter slice of cheese and a glob(about a tablespoon) of hummus on every single cracker. I've done it many times. I think that equates to half a tub of hummus.
    That's my poop stirrin' stick- Don't touch it! You don't know which end is the handle..

Type
    INTP
    I've eaten half pound in one sitting numerous times. Could possibly force more if I tried, but don't see why I would.

... I eat a lot of hummus, though.
    Don't remember changing this.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by lethe View Post
    I've eaten half pound in one sitting numerous times. Could possibly force more if I tried, but don't see why I would.
    Half a pound is about 0.226 kg.

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Hummus is good stuff but a kilogram is too much. It's very easy and inexpensive to make, all you really need are garbanzo beans and a mortar and pestle or food processor.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Osito Polar View Post
    It's very easy and inexpensive to make, all you really need are garbanzo beans and a mortar and pestle or food processor.
    Heathen. You also need at least sesame seeds, lemon, oil, salt and garlic. Perhaps something more if you want (cayenne, cumin, whatever).

If you eat mashed up chickpeas on their own and call it hummus, then you need to go stand in the corner.

Type
    INxP
    Hmm, apologies but please disregard my vote. I thought I knew what hummus was since I thought that that was what a friend of mine staying here cooked me this one time but I checked the press and it was actually a box of couscous not hummus.

For me, things like couscous and hummus are all confused in my head since they are both things that they used to have at the deli counter in the cafeteria of my old job that I could immediately rule out in narrowing down the options of things I wanted put in my brown bread sandwich.

I'm still not entirely sure what hummus is so please disregard my vote in the 1.0–1.5 kg slot. Though it is possible that I am correct, it would only be due to coincidence and not an informed decision based on experience as I presume this poll is seeking.

Type
    INTP
    I enjoy hummus, but I am fairly certain that I could not eat a full kilo in one sitting. I bet your poop was awesome the next day, though.

Type
    intp
    I can eat a lot of hummus, but I tend to slather it on everything I eat. It largely depends on what else I've consumed or imbibed.

I would agree that home made hummus is an important thing to integrate into one's life. You don't even need a mixer if you're rehydrating dried chickpeas yourself and let it cook longer. For using canned chickpeas, rinsing them will reduce the gaseous effects.