Thread: CS:GO

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INXP

CS:GO

I think CS:S was responsible for me dropping out of college the first time around.

Now that I'm basically done with school, I'm getting back into CS:GO.

Unfortunately I'm old and being old means you suck at these games. I'm hovering around 1:1 consistently.

Let's stage an INTPc get together and shoot each other in the face. I propose arms race, as it's the most maddening way to play. Is scoutzknivez still a thing?

a fool on a journey pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    I'm down. Arms race is actually my favorite mode. I'm not a big fan of the standard mode, everybody camps everywhere and you get AWPed and have to wait for the next round. My k/d is like 1.6 I think but I suck at the standard mode because of not knowing the maps.

Type
    InTP
    I like standard matchmaking :3

I love the self referential and unofficial names counterstrike players give to all the parts of the map. There's heaven (sniper heaven ) and hell (sometimes refering to whats below heaven sometimes refering to what sniper heaven has a view of). Theres banana, and a specific rock which is THE rock. I like stupid jokes about the names of important parts of the map like double doors > double d's > big boobs.

Type
    INXP
    What do you think they'd do if I submitted The Fappening nudez as weapon finishes?

Type
    INXP
    I finally made and submitted a crude weapon finish. One of the messiest things I've ever done, constant rebooting from Mac to Windows and back to Mac.

I could really go for a dedicated Windows machine right now.

I just stuck an image on it. The Workshop is kinda scary. There's a lot of very polished, very professional work. I only looked into it after watching an interview with Gabe Newell yesterday and hearing him say that he now thinks of their games as platforms for the production and distribution of user generated content more than anything else, and that some of the users were making in excess of 500k/year just from making maps/skins/etc. I didn't quite believe that people would spend money on this stuff, but then I realized that there are millions of people online at anytime, and nearly all of the "keys" cost about 99 cents.

Then I played a game where some dude was completing a contract where there was a probability of getting an M4A1-S "Masterpiece", which runs for $268.09 new. He actually got it at the end of the match and everyone went apeshit on the mics (I think he got a field-tested one, not factory new).

So, yeah. This would be a weird/cool thing to get into. But it's a little overwhelming at first actually doing it, then you have to actually get good at doing it, then you have to keep doing it..
    Last edited by notdavidlynch; 09-07-2014 at 12:27 PM.