Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Games You're Looking Forward To

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Games You're Looking Forward To

Pillars of Eternity - a new indie rpg by J. Sawyer (the Fallout New Vegas guy)

Dead State - zombie survival rpg by the writer of Vampire: Bloodlines

Wasteland 2 - The sequel to the game that evolved into Fallout. I've been waiting for this one forever and the demo looks great

Age of Decadence - It's an rpg set in the aftermath of the fall of the Roman Empire

One of the things the last three games all have in common is that they're kickstarter indie games that have early access demos if you bought in early. A problem with that is that I (and I'm assuming a lot of people) have already spent a decent amount of time playing these games in a "not done" state. So, when they *do* come out I'll probably be a little less enthusiastic for the real experience.

All the same, these games are all fairly old school long-form RPGs so hopefully they'll have the kind of replayability that won't make this such a big deal.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    xxxx
    the sims 4 but i'll probably get to it years too late since i don't have a computer that can handle it right now.

a fool on a journey pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Civilization Beyond Earth

Probably the only game franchise I'm still willing to get excited about. I've been playing civ 5 again in anticipation, close to 300 hours into that game.

Type
    INTP
    Half Life 3
    Star Citizen

I am going to die before they are ever made

Type
    INTP
    Many, notably -

Bloodborne
    Civ Beyond Earth
    Elite: Dangerous
    Star Citizen

Some of the Wii U catalog looks nice, but I don't think I'll lay down for the console.

Type
    INTP
    sims 4

just got it, about to install it now. i was excited before, but now im concerned...
    Don't remember changing this.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by lethe View Post
    sims 4

just got it, about to install it now. i was excited before, but now im concerned...
    Why so? My concerns would probably be that it might not run well on my computer and that it'd be a lot less cool than Sims 3 at this point because of all the expansions and mods for the older game.

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INXP
    Quote Originally Posted by Osito Polar View Post
    Dead State - zombie survival rpg by the writer of Vampire: Bloodlines

Wasteland 2 - The sequel to the game that evolved into Fallout. I've been waiting for this one forever and the demo looks great
    Will look into these. I hope they have good writing. 99% of games have awful/dull/uninteresting writing/characters/story.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
    Half Life 3
    Considering that each official release in the Half Life series heralds a new era of gaming, I too am waiting for this. I will shit a brick when it's announced.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by notdavidlynch View Post
    Will look into these. I hope they have good writing. 99% of games have awful/dull/uninteresting writing/characters/story
    Dead State and Wasteland 2 both come from writers who are niche-famous among fans of story-centric RPG games. Vampire: Bloodlines is the title the Dead State guy is best known for. Wasteland 2 is from the original Fallout team. In terms of making blockbuster video games, these people aren't what companies like Microsoft or EA are looking for which is why they're doing their own smaller-budget, less graphically impressive games on Kickstarter.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by notdavidlynch View Post
    Considering that each official release in the Half Life series heralds a new era of gaming, I too am waiting for this. I will shit a brick when it's announced.
    I don't know if that day will ever come. I think a star citizen game will be the next level of gaming. Multi layered with space and ground combat trading and fighting exploration or grinding all in a virtual reality format. Would be glorious.