Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Games You're Looking Forward To

dude, monster hunter x ...can't even right now X]

Type
    INtP
    The way most things are turning out, I'm not really looking forward to much of anything. I've been playing The Witcher 3 and getting my ass handed to me but I refuse to change the difficulty even as my feelings turn to bitterness and then I find that I'm over-leveling by doing other shit instead of the story missions, GAH!

I hope Batman: Arkham Knight is good, but what I really want is something that I can play with. Like a Cat with a mouse, a GTA 3 or Halo: CE of this generation.
    The idea is quite.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarlFox View Post
    The way most things are turning out, I'm not really looking forward to much of anything. I've been playing The Witcher 3 and getting my ass handed to me but I refuse to change the difficulty even as my feelings turn to bitterness and then I find that I'm over-leveling by doing other shit instead of the story missions, GAH!
    I'm having a similar experience with witcher 3 but enjoying it anyway.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

This SEP field is glorious!

Type
    IXTP
    I bought an Nvidia GTX 970 that came with a free download of The Witcher 3 and I installed it the day it came out, but haven't had the motivation to play it yet.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    I'm having a similar experience with witcher 3 but enjoying it anyway.
    I just played some more today and I'm getting better at the combat, but I'm not quite in the groove yet. When I think about it, the same thing happened to me with The Witcher 2 so it will probably turn into a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    I bought an Nvidia GTX 970 that came with a free download of The Witcher 3 and I installed it the day it came out, but haven't had the motivation to play it yet.
    I bought the Chinese Steam version before Valve region locked it. So I got it for something like eighteen dollars, then I got the GOG version when I got my 970 which I ended up selling on eBay. I was bummed out that just a few weeks later they added Batman: Arkham Knight to the deal, but I ended up getting the Premium version for 35 bucks.
    The idea is quite.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Got mine the same way. I've been binging on pathfinder the last week or so and haven't really immersed myself in Witcher 3 yet ... and it isn't the sort of game you'll get the hang of casually. The graphics and voice acting are excellent.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

This SEP field is glorious!

Type
    INTP
    New Deus Ex game announced recently.

It's cool to see a deserving classic game turned into a serious contemporary franchise after some time in the proverbial wilderness. I doubt they'll ever top the original (currently pretty much Best PC Game Ever in my book), but I've given Human Revolution a couple of playthroughs now. The premise is being handled competently, if a bit too nu-school for my old-timer gaming tastes. (Cinematics of your main character's acrobatic kung fu moves--which are no doubt one-button Quicktime Events in-game again, FFS--are not what I like to see as promos for an installment of what is supposed to be basically a dramatically more sophisticated elaboration of the basic First-Person Shooter concept.) Still, this will probably be a fun game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.

Type
    eNTP
    ^^^
    I'm still hoping this turns out to be a real thing:

"Just because it's 2020 doesn't mean everyone has perfect vision."--catchphrase of a fictional comedian in some movie

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    ^^^
    I'm still hoping this turns out to be a real thing:

ghost in the shell: us version