Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: College Football 2014-15

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INFP

College Football 2014-15

It's week 2 already. First season of the college football playoff system. 4 teams will make it.

Big games tomorrow:

USC #14 at Stanford #13
    Michigan State #7 at Oregon #3

Perhaps-interesting games:

Michigan at Notre Dame #16
    BYU at Texas
    Virginia Tech at Ohio State #8

I'm a Georgia fan, of course. Bye week, so I can rest easy before getting heart palpitations when they visit South Carolina next week.

Type
    INFP
    USC & Stanford game was great to watch.

Currently hoping Mich St pulls away from Oregon. I don't want it to be close.

EDIT: T_T
    Last edited by notdavidlynch; 09-07-2014 at 01:54 AM.

Type
    INFP
    Lol @ Texas and big ups to Va Tech. Nice to see tech actually win one of their bold scheduling decisions. I watched the Stanford - usc game, too. I was disappointed as a usc hater but Stanford blew that shit.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INTP
    Seven going on 8 teams in the top 20 losing today. Insane! I think UCLA comes back, though. I'm a bit bummed. Going to the UCLA - Oregon game next week. Would liked both to be undefeated going in.

Type
    INFP
    Weird to see Ole Miss & Miss St doing so well.. No way either makes it out of the SEC though.

Gurley for Heisman is starting to look like more and more of a realistic possibility.

Type
    INFP
    Gurley suspended indefinitely.

There goes my interest in NCAA football.

In fact, there goes my interest in UGA football and perhaps sports in general forever. I remember the day I cut up and threw away my old UGA ID card on Universal CityWalk after watching a loaded Georgia team get beaten by Alabama. I should've stuck with it.

Type
    INTP
    How long do you think it'll be? It won't be as long a Dez Bryant's cuz no one outside of Stillwater knew who he was and Okie State's not a draw for network tv. It won't be as short as Johnny Football because well he's a freshman already known as Johnny Football. It's too early in the season for them to do something as egregious Terelle Pryor but unless it would have UGA lose too many scholarships, (i'd set the over/under at 2.5) or get some bowl ban, I can't see him being out past the 1st week of nov. I think it's indefinite while the school figures out how much trouble they could potentially be in ala what sort of dirt will an investigation uncover. I dunno, I haven't followed it too much. Seems like all a charade to me. I don't think they can get too heavy handed. Not that I necessarily think they should, I just think there's too much hypocrisy to be credible. But, either the NCAA is incredibly arrogant or incredibly stupid to think they aren't a coin flip away from losing out to the next Jeremy Bloom and the cap on player pay and endorsements comes off the bottle.

Type
    INFP
    I have no idea. I just know that the guy who set him up is a dipshit. I also heard he's a UF alum. Makes sense.

And Rapist Winston got the opportunity to win a Heisman and the National Championship.

NCAA and the schools in question have some barfed up priorities.

If I were UGAs athletic director, I would immediately reinstate Gurley, fire Mark Richt, and then tell the NCAA to "come at me bro". Fuck it.

Type
    INFP
    So Winston rapes a girl, steals soda and harasses people at a Burger King, shoplifts crab legs from a Publix, yells obscenities at the top of his lungs during on campus events and, not to mention, has even more of the autographed memorabilia in question on eBay than Gurley does..

Gurley appears to be gone for the season.

Winston was out for a game early this season. Just sort of a gesture.

Type
    INFP
    I've been mildly depressed and in a fugue since finding out about this yesterday. I don't think most people understand, or I just may be pathetic.

Imagine if the new season of Game of Thrones came out, you got half-way through it, and then it was announced that both the show and the novels were suspended indefinitely pending an investigation into GRRM signing autographs and making money behind the backs of HBO and his publishers. Lolwut. Something like that.

He was the only reason that I was streaming illegal broadcasts on Saturdays.