Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that make you feel old

Type
    INTP
    On Friday one of my co-workers says at about 4pm "I can't decide if I want to go get a coffee or not. What do you think?" I tell her that I'm not really the best person to ask about this since I don't drink coffee very often and I never drink it in the afternoon because I don't want to be awake all night. She looks at me funny and says "It's Friday! Why do you need to sleep tonight? You have the rest of the weekend to do that." I know I used to think things like that, but that mentality is so far removed from me now. I can't relate it it at all anymore.

She then proceeded to ask me if I knew any good clubs or karaoke bars in the area. Uh no... I was never the right person to ask about that.

Type
    INTP
    I've started seeing major choices as a conscious decision to not do all the other things. I frame choosing to invest significant time and energy into A as the loss of the opportunity to do B - Z. I'm also painfully aware that I should have been framing it this way from the start because it's always been true, you just don't realize it until you've already invested most of your potential. When you are young, you feel like you have time to change your mind about these things. I can no longer choose to become an astronaut or a doctor...there isn't enough time left in my life.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

This SEP field is glorious!

Type
    INFP
    I hate a tree

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyJungle View Post
    I hate a tree
    Details!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Details!
    It's the only huge tree on the street, planted by the city between the sidewalk and the gutter. In the summer it drops leaves because it has a tree problem and in the fall it drops leaves because it's a tree. You can park your truck under it in July and come out to a bed full of leaves. It sheds bark year round that my dog always wants to eat. I have to drag her away from the damn thing six times a day because I walk her three times and it's in front of our domicile. The only birds that live there are mockingbirds. Aggressive loud fuckers who imitate car alarms at three in the morning. I've considered becoming an alcoholic on the off chance that I'll eventually wrap my car around this damn tree. It ain't worth the oxygen, believe me
    Last edited by MoneyJungle; 10-07-2018 at 06:29 PM. Reason: I lack the words

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    xxxx
    Urban trees only last twenty years nowadays, if you havent witnessed its birth and death, no reason to feel old.

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    The awkward slow death of the forum and my joints.

Type
    xxxx
    Fitz you mentioned your joints ion 9/20/2014. Why don't you do some yoga or STFU

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by psy-goat View Post
    Fitz you mentioned your joints ion 9/20/2014. Why don't you do some yoga or STFU
    The increased prevalence of autism also makes me feel old.

Type
    INTP
    I've felt physically old since I was 25. I don't feel old yet mentally (32), though maybe others would think I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by MCIV View Post
    my permanent sun damage
    Vitamin C serum. MSM lotion..