Page 193 of 193 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193
Results 1,921 to 1,925 of 1925

Thread: News Articles that don't deserve their own thread

A.K.A. DolceGuevara PureViolence's Avatar
    Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    You look away for one second and Spain's prime minister is ousted.

Mariano Rajoy ousted as Spain's prime minister
    Talked about this the other day, yeah. Now the president is a guy who lose 2 elections and who's supported by all the separatists and radical feminists and communists.
    Funny thing is that they are naming the ministers and its getting so pop, there's an astronaut and a yellow press journalist, yeah those who talk about famous local loves.
    I dunno, I hope everything goes well. At least hopefully the radicals will calm down dude. So stressed people.

Type
    INTP
    SNP MPs walk out of PMQs in 'Brexit power grab' protest (Scottish National Party)

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...itics-44467306

I love Brexit, because Brexit means chaos for Britain.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    I love Brexit, because Brexit means chaos for Britain.
    I'm reading a book about finance in the 60s and while they were talking about gold and currency there was a comment that the difference between the UK and the US is that the US is self sufficient and the UK is a trading nation.

if you're a trading nation it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to abandon free access to the biggest economy in the world; especially without other options locked in. Kinda like shooting yourself in the foot.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Overwhelmed.

Argentina congress takes historic step towards legalising abortion

The bill was finally passed early on Thursday by 129 votes to 125, paving the way for Argentina to become the third nation in Latin America – after Cuba and Uruguay – to legalise abortion.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    intp
    I saw that housing costs aren't included here in inflation figures so I presume they aren't in the US either... There isn’t a single state, city, or county in the U.S. where someone earning federal or state minimum wage for a 40-hour work week can afford a two-bedroom home at fair market rent (afford meaning housing costs don't exceed 30% of your weekly income). https://www.citylab.com/equity/2018/...tm_source=SFFB