Page 232 of 234 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234 LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2334

Thread: News Articles that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    intp
    Russians accused of meddling in NZ Bird of the Year competition... Fowl play, someone call Mueller.

The 2019 winner was the Hoiho, an anti-social penguin that communicates by screaming, which is probably a step up from last years winner, the clumsy, drunk, Kereru.

Type
    ISFP
    UI student murdered and sexually assaulted in parking garage

Death penalty for the sickfuck who did this

Type
    intp
    What happens when you call the judge you're appearing in front of a cunt on Facebook... pissing myself. https://thespinoff.co.nz/media/18-04...YQr00z.twitter

Type
    ISFP
    Kawhi Leonard driving a 1997 Tahoe despite having millions

Because it's paid off and runs. Kind of old, and maybe he got something else by now, but this is the type of news that gives me a hard on as a broke person
    flat tire ferarri

Type
    INTP
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Type
    intp
    Samoa has been shut down. About half the population has been vaccinated and there's an all out push to vaccinate the whole population and to stop the epidemic. Samoan speaking medical staff from NZ and others from around the world are helping out. 62 dead so far, mostly children, one family have lost 3 kids.

62 dead from a total population of ~200,000 is a lot. They'll be devastated.

US anti-vaxxers have conducted a coordinated attack on the Samoan Governments website.
    Last edited by jyng1; 12-05-2019 at 05:05 AM.

Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    Samoa has been shut down. About half the population has been vaccinated and there's an all out push to vaccinate the whole population and to stop the epidemic. Samoan speaking medical staff from NZ and others from around the world are helping out. 62 dead so far, mostly children, one family have lost 3 kids.

62 dead from a total population of ~200,000 is a lot. They'll be devastated.

US anti-vaxxers have conducted a coordinated attack on the Samoan Governments website.
    I think I recall you saying you've blocked
    /silenced most of the antivaxxers on your social, here's what's going around in their community regarding Samoa. Spoiler in case you don't want to see it.

Spoiler: >

My anti vaxxer sibling just shared that. I want to throw up. Didn't Love react it, that's a part of the post/screenshot.
    Because I've spoken to her so many times over this, and it's exhausting and I'm not making any progress because she's convicted in her beliefs, my response was simply "This is what I read: here ya go kids, have a heaping dose of explosive diarrhea while you die"

Update: some antivaxxer said the WHO recommends aggressive vitamin a and c treatment, but all I could find was a recommendation for 2 shots of vitamin a, and I'm not discounting vitamin c intake but 1,000 mg of vitamin C every 3 hours seems counterproductive

"No specific antiviral treatment exists for measles virus.

Severe complications from measles can be reduced through supportive care that ensures good nutrition, adequate fluid intake and treatment of dehydration with WHO-recommended oral rehydration solution. This solution replaces fluids and other essential elements that are lost through diarrhoea or vomiting. Antibiotics should be prescribed to treat eye and ear infections, and pneumonia.

All children diagnosed with measles should receive two doses of vitamin A supplements, given 24 hours apart. This treatment restores low vitamin A levels during measles that occur even in well-nourished children and can help prevent eye damage and blindness. Vitamin A supplements have also been shown to reduce the number of measles deaths"

Ah she responded.

Poster/"healer"/leader of antivaxx in Samoa was arrested.
    Last edited by roki; 12-05-2019 at 06:23 PM.
    flat tire ferarri