Page 223 of 223 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2230

Thread: News Articles that don't deserve their own thread

  1. #2221
    WOKE Catoptric's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    1187 at Hundertwasser
    Posts
    5,139
    Amazon plans to retrain 100,000 employees to cope with automation and implementation. This goes into what I just mentioned in Rants.

    I was wondering why the stock suddenly dropped $20, and I was too afraid to use a PUT option against it because I wasn't expecting a huge swing down like that, considering Prime Day started and would run into the Friday. It would have been roughly 200% gain on an options trade.

    Also the last PUT option against BYND didn't reflect the forecast of it being grossly overvalued, and which I lost a significant amount of the portfolio expecting people would come to their senses; if the option is not sufficiently gauging the trajectory and not entered in and exited fast enough when it turns in opposition to the trade, it will screw you over if you aren't disciplined to follow sound trading decisions.

    Oftentimes my being skeptical of society and how it behaves "rational" is a big hurdle, where I second guess everything. Some of the most successful traders are simply responding to impulse to buy on day-trading patterns of momentum (which are usually compelled by "low float" penny stocks that jump up for the same reason that they buy it, which is often due to people promoting the stock on social media about what they are trading, which then gets people suckered into pushing the stock value up so they can get out with profits. "Please add me as a friend on Facebook. . ." Similarly, people will encourage you to "copy trade" by letting them take a portion of your money invested in Bitcoin, so that they can scoop up whatever gains without putting their own money at risk of being lost due to an irrational value. Also, anyone with the last name Astor makes me wonder if they just had a bunch of money to throw into stock trading. . .

  2. #2222
    schlemiel Faust's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,952
    Anyone else read Matt Levine's columns? -- https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...ezuela-s-debts
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

    "It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

  3. #2223
    Senior Member Sinny's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    5,125
    Hope you are all following the Epstein case.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

    ~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)


  4. #2224
    Senior Member Guess Who's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Anyone else read Matt Levine's columns? -- https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...ezuela-s-debts
    That was interesting. Maybe the bond-holders also try suing the US government for imposing the economic sanctions that made it impossible for Venezuela to meet its obligations. Of course that will never happen.

    At the end of the day, debt is a weapon. Venezuela's failure to pay its debts could well be used justify further action against Maduro.
    Big change is coming

  5. #2225
    Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    That was interesting. Maybe the bond-holders also try suing the US government for imposing the economic sanctions that made it impossible for Venezuela to meet its obligations. Of course that will never happen.

    At the end of the day, debt is a weapon. Venezuela's failure to pay its debts could well be used justify further action against Maduro.
    Holy shit I agree with Guess Who. Yes, debt is absolutely a weapon. See International Monetary Fund.

  6. #2226
    Senior Member Guess Who's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by NedLudd View Post
    Holy shit I agree with Guess Who. Yes, debt is absolutely a weapon. See International Monetary Fund.
    It is good to hear that we finally agree about something. However, I must say that I think Jesus is way cooler than you.
    Big change is coming

  7. #2227
    Perfect is Shit LowIQLogan's Avatar
    Type
    InTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Hope you are all following the Epstein case.
    How unrealistic do you perceive the phrase satan worshiping pedophile billionaire to be?
    "A new immortal appeared in front of you. Would you like preparations of inception?"

  8. #2228
    Senior Member Sinny's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    5,125
    Quote Originally Posted by LowIQLogan View Post
    How unrealistic do you perceive the phrase satan worshiping pedophile billionaire to be?
    Not that unrealistic.

    He's evidently a pedophile billionaire.

    I don't know if he does worship Satan, but if Satan is symbolic for Evil (morally degenerate), then I suppose he's an evident follower of Satan.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

    ~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)


  9. #2229
    Perfect is Shit LowIQLogan's Avatar
    Type
    InTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Not that unrealistic.

    He's evidently a pedophile billionaire.

    I don't know if he does worship Satan, but if Satan is symbolic for Evil (morally degenerate), then I suppose he's an evident follower of Satan.
    A person who takes main stream media coverage at face value will get a picture of a guy who gets massages from 14 yos and pimps out blowjobs on his plane. But they gloss over the private island with an underground temple as ridiculous details of his eccentricity. Let me specify here that I don't refer to just morally degenerate but in fact wizard robe wearing, blood bathing, ritual sacrifice satanist. Is this unrealistic in our world? The ridiculousness of the case in question is clearly watered down. You can't buy a plea deal like the one Epstein got in 2008 with just money. As both Bill Clinton and Donald Trump have taught us, blackmail needs to be more intense these days to be useful.
    "A new immortal appeared in front of you. Would you like preparations of inception?"

  10. #2230
    Senior Member Sinny's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    5,125
    Quote Originally Posted by LowIQLogan View Post
    A person who takes main stream media coverage at face value will get a picture of a guy who gets massages from 14 yos and pimps out blowjobs on his plane. But they gloss over the private island with an underground temple as ridiculous details of his eccentricity. Let me specify here that I don't refer to just morally degenerate but in fact wizard robe wearing, blood bathing, ritual sacrifice satanist. Is this unrealistic in our world? The ridiculousness of the case in question is clearly watered down. You can't buy a plea deal like the one Epstein got in 2008 with just money. As both Bill Clinton and Donald Trump have taught us, blackmail needs to be more intense these days to be useful.
    It's not ludicrous in my world, no.

    Jimmy Savile wore robes, and was affiliated, if not a member with the Process Church of Final Judgement, a distinctly Satanic/Luciferian organisation (with Rothschild ties) He was interviewed for their magazine at least once.

    Several of his victims reported Satanic rituals, however MI5 sent in a plant as a witness called "Carl" who made false accusations that could be proven as false in order to backwash and discredit the whole affair.

    "Carl" himself was recently outed as a pedophile. I caught the (very small) news segment in the paper. It's not uncommon for MI5 to entrap pedophiles and then use them to do their dirty work with the promise of freedom (which they often retract).

    Jimmy Savile was bosom buddies with the Royal Family. It's my belief that he supplied children to be abused by Prince Philip, after doing the same for Mountbatten (before he was killed), he was a "mentor" to Prince Charles, and "marriage counselor" for Charles & Diana.. whilst at the time being the UKs most prolific child abuser.. apparently MI5 "didn't catch that bit"

    *Rolls eye balls*.

    I have good reason to believe all that... This rabbit hole runs deep and is most insidious.

    If you haven't yet, check out a website called ISGP Studies, and check their Child Abuse section.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

    ~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •