Page 188 of 188 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188
Results 1,871 to 1,878 of 1878

Thread: News Articles that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    Ok, I don't disagree. If you don't want to be informed, or "give this more attention," you should stop spouting propaganda related to it (i.e., your original FBI remark in regards to this event that started the whole exchange).

The FBI had open cases on the Orlando shooting perpetrator, and the Boston marathon bomber before they committed their atrocities. Nobody blamed them for not preventing it, and rightfully so. There are people who have motives at pointing the finger at the FBI, and they are primarily for personal gain rather than preventing this stuff from happening again.
    You also agreed above that the FBI dropped the ball in this case. They didn't even investigate. This is far from the only failure of the FBI to do its job and its interference in the 2016 presidential election is just one example of that. People have been pissed at them for a long time, at least as far back as Ruby Ridge. Our federal law enforcement is fucked.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    You also agreed above that the FBI dropped the ball in this case. They didn't even investigate. This is far from the only failure of the FBI to do its job and its interference in the 2016 presidential election is just one example of that. People have been pissed at them for a long time, at least as far back as Ruby Ridge. Our federal law enforcement is fucked.
    Yes, they did drop the ball and should have followed up the tip. My issue is that some people think that the FBI following up would have meant the guy would be locked up, or it would have prevented it from happening, when we don't know if that's the case (examine past mass shootings/bombings where the perp was already on FBI radar). Or the misunderstanding perpetuated when it is suggested that regional field offices all over the US are dealing with the Mueller case in place of their regular duties. There is no proof to that being true. That's the narrative some people are pushing hard because it fits their agenda, then others repeat it because they don't know any better.

The FBI is fucked in the same way it is fucked that all the potential gun legislation, or gun safety equipment protocols, are written/proposed/designed and none of them are put into place.

Type
    INTP
    Yes, they did drop the ball and should have followed up the tip. My issue is that some people think that the FBI following up would have meant the guy would be locked up, or it would have prevented it from happening, when we don't know if that's the case (examine past mass shootings/bombings where the perp was already on FBI radar). Or the misunderstanding perpetuated when it is suggested that regional field offices all over the US are dealing with the Mueller case in place of their regular duties. There is no proof to that being true. That's the narrative some people are pushing hard because it fits their agenda, then others repeat it because they don't know any better.

The FBI is fucked in the same way it is fucked that all the potential gun legislation, or gun safety equipment protocols, are written/proposed/designed and none of them are put into place.
    We have plenty of gun legislation. Without it there wouldn't have been any Waco siege. If you don't want misunderstandings being perpetuated, stop acting like we don't have gun control in this country. What we don't have is effective enforcement of the laws. Remember, it wasn't that long ago that we found out the ATF had been purposefully overseeing illegal gun sales (something the Obama administration tried hard to cover up).

I can't prove that this guy's threat would have been enough to arrest him, but based on this it sure seems like it.

Senior Member Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    infj

Why do you waste time on these fucking idiots?

It's obvious what they're doing especially when they conveniently overlook that the local police had visited the shitstain 39 fucking times. Where's the outrage towards the local police? I guess it only matters if they're investigating a Russian stooge.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post

It's obvious what they're doing especially when they conveniently overlook that the local police had visited the shitstain 39 fucking times. Where's the outrage towards the local police? I guess it only matters if they're investigating a Russian stooge.
    Exactly.

Jesus, you had me worried. You hadn't posted in so long I thought you were gone for good.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post

Yeah, none of those calls were about threats of gun violence, genius. If the local police had received the information that the FBI did I'd be blaming them for dropping the ball too. Don't get mad at me because your Russian conspiracy theories are unraveling.

Senior Member Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    infj
    Exactly.

Jesus, you had me worried. You hadn't posted in so long I thought you were gone for good.
    I'm surprised how many people still post here when it's just conspiracy post after racist post after conspiracy post. It's on its way to being socially retarded stormfront.

Gassy ~ A 'torm is brew'n Catoptric's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Sometimes these terrorist acts are actively encouraged by the FBI in order to "track would-be terrorists," which is one of the reasons they are able to intercept the terrorists upon committing the acts.

Terrorist Plots, Hatched by the F.B.I.

Some of the testimony from the students greatly alters the "official" narrative in the news.