Page 2 of 201 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: News Articles that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INTP
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that a problem.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyJungle View Post
    Fixed the link.

I wonder if there any official letters in Elvish from the 1970s.
    Your gardening sucks and your avocados ain't fruitin'. -- Sappho the Maestro

Type
    INTP
    Iraq begins to slip back into the sea.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/01...in-key-cities/

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eponymous View Post
    That's a separate issue from religious freedom, though. Think what you want about government involvement in healthcare, but whatever standards are set shouldn't be selectively applied based on religion.
    I think this is a valid point. Keeping the government out of questions of religion means applying the same rules to everyone without respect to what religion they subscribe to. If you don't like contraception, then don't use it. If your employees like getting religious lectures from you, then tell them why you think they shouldn't use contraception. If you want to run an insurance policy, though, do it the way everyone else is required to do it; don't come whining about how your religious beliefs make you special enough to be exempted from rules other people have to follow.

Those Church of Marijuana guys tried this and got flat-out denied. Health insurance policies covering a routine product that many people use shouldn't be handled any differently.

Type
    INTP
    When anti-war people refuse to pay taxes on the grounds that they fund wars, the government has arrested them since Henry David Thoreau. Will the Supreme Court show them some love too?
    Your gardening sucks and your avocados ain't fruitin'. -- Sappho the Maestro

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by 99Problems View Post
    Since when is contraception the US governments business? You gotta draw a line somewhere.
    I wind up the Anglican Padre at work by telling him the reason the crime rate has gone down so much since the 70s is due to the widespread availability of abortion.

Otaku
    Type
    INTP
    Cambodia acknowledges Vietnam's help in overthrowing the Khmer Rouge the first time after 35 years.

http://english.vietnamnet.vn/fms/gov...ge-regime.html

Well, according to my father anyways. I don't know much about this, so I don't really think one way or another, or consider this event a moral victory.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    I wind up the Anglican Padre at work by telling him the reason the crime rate has gone down so much since the 70s is due to the widespread availability of abortion.

Type
    INTP
    Norwegians become crown millionaires - http://news.yahoo.com/norwegians-bec...8--sector.html

A 'sovereign wealth fund', now there's an idea. Singapore similarly makes owners of the entire public through forced investment of sorts. Either is beneficial in a Capitalist economy.

Type
    intp