Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could be a kid again, which age would you be?

Type
    INFJ

If you could be a kid again, which age would you be?

When I say kid I suppose let's conclude this means prior to puberty.
    No matter what or where you are. Never forget: always look up.

6w7, 1w9, 2w1 Sx/Sp

Type
    INFJ
    I think I would be 5. For some reason that seems to be the perfect age of innocence with some semblance of awareness.
    No matter what or where you are. Never forget: always look up.

6w7, 1w9, 2w1 Sx/Sp

Type
    eNTP
    I wouldn't. Now, if we were talking say, early 20's, yeah, I wouldn't mind a do-over.
    I'm suspicious of people who say they'll die for a flag but won't wear a mask for their neighbor.

Type
    INFP
    8 (3rd grade). That's the age when I actually noticed there was an outside world. I started interacting with other kids more. Became a fast runner, good drawer, pokemon card collector. I even developed some degree of morality, spent a lot of time folding paper cranes according to the superstition that doing so would save people from dying of cancer. A lot of pieces fell into place when I was 8; I could use all those new neurons to augment the glee I'd experienced while playing when I was younger, ie I could still have fun without being a total puppyish idiot.

Type
    INTP
    I would never be a kid again!!

I hated being a kid. It's a terrible life! All the things I enjoyed about childhood I can (and do) still do now. Plus I can drive, stay up, sleep in, have sex, eat cake for dinner, etc.

Whats to miss about childhood? Not paying bills? Hell, if I really wanted to I'm sure I could find some domestic arrangement where I give up all adult power and freedom and have to answer to an authority figure who may or may not love me in exchange for not having to be responsible for money, lots of people do.

What else? Innocence? Bah to that! I hated my innocence while I had it. All it meant to me was ignorance. I don't understand why anyone would willingly un-know or un-understand what they know of the world. Perhaps erase a specific experience or relationship, but a total back-pedal on what we tried so hard as children to accomplish? Not for me.

Now that the rant is over I will answer your intended question:
    To re-live 6 years old would be my choice. First grade, reading is new, riding a bike without training wheels, having the dexterity and cognitive ability to actually perform well on all the hobbies, games, and mysteries you will be doing for the rest of your childhood. The first taste of full access and participation.
    Don't remember changing this.

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    childhood sucked. you have no power at all and plenty of adults don't even see you as human. i wouldn't repeat that.

Type
    INXX
    Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    childhood sucked. you have no power at all and plenty of adults don't even see you as human. i wouldn't repeat that.
    That didn't happen to anyone else. Maybe you aren't human.
    That's my poop stirrin' stick- Don't touch it! You don't know which end is the handle..

Type
    INFP
    I don't remember childhood sucking any more than adult life. I liked the feeling that my brain was rapidly gaining new abilities; I feel stagnant now. I also think I was smarter in a lot of ways. I could focus better, completely lose myself in books or my imagination. Yes, my external freedoms were limited, but my internal freedoms (because of my imagination) were much greater than they are now, and those internal freedoms are more valuable to me. I guess this isn't an issue for adults who manage to kindle and/or maintain some sort of inner spark; they'd have the best of both worlds, free externally and internally. (But my point is that internal freedoms matter more than external freedoms in terms of in-the-moment happiness. Adulthood and the cultural privileges/disadvantages associated with it are irrelevant to that.)

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by latch View Post
    That didn't happen to anyone else. Maybe you aren't human.
    i witnessed a lot of shitty things with no power to do anything and am an abuse survivor, so that's the context.

Type
    INXX
    Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    i witnessed a lot of shitty things with no power to do anything and am an abuse survivor, so that's the context.
    Please forgive me inappropriate timing. I wasn't trying to be insensitive. I'm sorry that happened to you.
    That's my poop stirrin' stick- Don't touch it! You don't know which end is the handle..