Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "Yes Means Yes" California Legislation - Moved from "Unpopular Opinions"

Type
    INxP

"Yes Means Yes" California Legislation - Moved from "Unpopular Opinions"

I think the new "Yes means Yes" legislation in California is a fucking disaster.
    Last edited by Noir; 10-02-2014 at 12:15 AM.

Type
    Intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I think the new "Yes means Yes" legislation in California is fucking disaster.
    It totally is that. First thing I thawt, too. Too much for most guys to grasp, for sure. Needs to be far more simple than that. No doubt.
    All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage. Mycroft Holmes

I am not programmed to harm human beings. Baymax

Type
    INTP
    Initially, I thought the "yes means yes" standard was bullshit, because I was previously lead to believe that it meant that each sex act was mutually enjoyed, which would rule out sexual activities that one partner did not enjoy, but was willing to do for their partner (e.g. oral sex). But according to the article, the standard only demands an affirmative and ongoing "yes" to engage in sex, which sounds like basic decency to me. What decent man doesn't ask for permission?

I was surprised though, that the "no means no" standard could lead to such savage outcomes. Now, I thought that, for example, a sleeping partner = unable to give consent = rape was common sense, and I do not know if the authors were making shit up that it was not. But if it was applied the way it sounded, which would mean that it would be consensual sex if, for example, a man took his date by surprise by initiating sex while they were watching a movie, having not even asked for permission or look to see if her facial expressions affirmed it, even though she did not say "no" for any number of reasons, then a change in the law was necessary. I mean, that's just so backwards.

BeyondUrLatestAdCampaigns ciphersort's Avatar
    Type
    iNtp
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
    Because, when women compete for men, men win .
    Some courageous woman should take one for team Humanity and start fucking Zephyrus as soon as fucking possible.. as unpopular as I've heard that would be from Zephyrus...
    Last edited by ciphersort; 10-01-2014 at 10:45 AM. Reason: hwp

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I think the new "Yes means Yes" legislation in California is fucking disaster.
    Why?

I actually read the article. It made sense.

Type
    INTP
    Excuse me miss, I'm about to ejaculate. Please sign here to confirm that you consent to my seed.
    Last edited by P-O; 10-01-2014 at 05:02 PM.
    Violence is never the right answer, unless used against heathens and monsters.

Type
    INTP
    I don't get it. Is it really that hard to say no? And what does the 'ongoing' part mean? If we're fucking and having a great time and she gets a weird look on her face at some point, could I be raping her? How long can the interval between yeses be? If someone is accused of rape, does that person have to prove that the other person said yes or does the prosecution have to prove that the victim didn't? How would this change any of the 'he said, she said' scenarios into anything different?

Also, if two blacked out drunk people fuck, which one is the rapist? Or does incapacitated only mean unconscious?

I mean, if saying no is so hard, how is not saying yes going to be any easier?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Slab_Bulkhead View Post
    Why?

I actually read the article. It made sense.
    I agree with the concept and objective here, but I can see this going both ways. Rape cases are so complicated because in reality something as subtle as this could hardly be proven in a court of law. Its usually "he said, she said". That makes it tough.

Societal egress and ennui Catoptric's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    And everyone knows INTP Aspie traits translates into violent rapists. . . Especially men. . . All men would rape a sheep if they didn't know the difference, and as such they should be genetically sterilized henceforth, with only their DNA preserved in cryogenic freezers in order to inseminate in vitro test tube fertilization.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by pathogenetic_peripatetic View Post
    How would this change any of the 'he said, she said' scenarios into anything different?
    Because the defense now has to prove that she said yes.
    Like in a self defense case where you have to prove that the other party was an imminent threat.

Having sex with someone is assault except in the case where they fulfill the criteria such that the assault is legal. The default assumption is that it's illegal.

Edit: Could be wrong about this, but that's my guess.
    Violence is never the right answer, unless used against heathens and monsters.