Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Social Marketing Suggestions

Type
    INFJ

Social Marketing Suggestions

I have to start social marketing for my work to promote myself. I've never gotten into social media. (Aside from pseudo anonymously). I feel like I'm dragging my psychological feet. Any suggestions or experience with using social marketing to promote yourself?

Ironically it isn't that I don't know how. It's just for some reason much easier to be everyone else's cheerleader. I feel super uncomfortable in the spot light so to speak. I just can't get into it but I know I really should (as I most likely would benefit to some degree from doing so).

My goal is to get more appointments , nothing new. It's just so "out there" and ugh ...

Any other introverts out here forced to social market for yourself ?

What's been your experience ?

What tips or suggestions might you be generous enough to share
    No matter what or where you are. Never forget: always look up.

6w7, 1w9, 2w1 Sx/Sp

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    It's awful, but I will tell you this: You can get your tumblr account to post to your twitter for you! Evidently there are services out there which will post to all of your freaking accounts with one command. I can't remember what that service was. Maybe Socio? eh.

I have a zillion followers but I don't keep up those accounts. It too closely resembles repetition.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Type
    INFJ
    What do I even say?! .. I don't want to be a spammer

6w7, 1w9, 2w1 Sx/Sp

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Well what service are you providing? Need to know that to know how it's appropriate to string your following folk along.

And it isn't spam if they opt in.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Type
    INTP
    In the words of the immortal goddess Nike of Athens: "Just do it!"

Type
    INTP
    Marketing & promotion are fundamentally just spamming in creative ways. To be successful you're going to have to get over your hangups. Read up on emotional manipulation & psychological warfare. The most cold-blooded sociopaths are the winners in this game.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by NK612 View Post
    I have to start social marketing for my work to promote myself. I've never gotten into social media. (Aside from pseudo anonymously). I feel like I'm dragging my psychological feet. Any suggestions or experience with using social marketing to promote yourself?

Ironically it isn't that I don't know how. It's just for some reason much easier to be everyone else's cheerleader. I feel super uncomfortable in the spot light so to speak. I just can't get into it but I know I really should (as I most likely would benefit to some degree from doing so).

My goal is to get more appointments , nothing new. It's just so "out there" and ugh ...

Any other introverts out here forced to social market for yourself ?

What's been your experience ?

What tips or suggestions might you be generous enough to share
    My advice in no particular order:

Social media is a total time suck so choose your social media channels wisely. In doing so, consider who your potential clients or employers are and where they are likely to hang out, and what formats work best for displaying your work or expertise. (ie. art work on Tumblr or Pinterest, specialized advice on Quora or Medium, etc.) Also consider who the leaders are in your industry and what it is that they're doing.

Unless you've got a lot of money to burn, or really seriously enthusiastic friends, these days Facebook pages are a waste of time.

I'm a big fan of twitter, because you can effectively stalk and interact with anyone you feel like. Also, depending on your industry and work there are also hashtag chats you can take part in. Find a couple that are relevant to you, and if you make good contributions people will notice and follow you.

It's better to spend a lot more time talking about other people and things than it is talking about yourself. Using social media is a great way to demonstrate that you're on top of whatever the latest trends and issues are, and to be useful to others by sharing good resources and information.

BeyondUrLatestAdCampaigns ciphersort's Avatar
    Type
    iNtp
    Social Marketing Suggestions

Destroy all of it - please.

Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ahcir View Post
    Well what service are you providing? Need to know that to know how it's appropriate to string your following folk along.

And it isn't spam if they opt in.
    I was thinking of using tumblr for a blog (massage therapy is the service) because then I can easily share "media" as well as have lengthy-ish posts about whatever issue ailes people to want massage therapy (it has lots of room to breathe).

I don't think blogger or another site of my own wise. I kinda went through that and was constantly side tracked learning things that just was procrastination material. Not sure how into ENNG you guys are but I'm a total 6 it's embarrassing!

I don't know what to do with twitter. What would I say? So not familiar enough to make good use of it.

What the heck is foursquare? It's so stalk-ee it scares me. But I'm in an office in a super yuppy area of the city and it's a thought I guess. Don't know.

Facebook? .. Ugh. Cringe. �� I have a typology FB for fun and that way when people want to find me to write me they have the messenger which has super cute features .. But for actual use? Uck.

What else is there?

I mean, what else would be good for my purposes ?

- giving advice
    - information sharing
    - curated content to keep it fun and interesting.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by NK612; 10-08-2014 at 10:45 AM.

6w7, 1w9, 2w1 Sx/Sp

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by NK612 View Post
    �� I have a typology FB for fun and that way when people want to find me to write me they have the messenger which has super cute features .. But for actual use? Uck.

What else is there?

I mean, what else would be good for my purposes ?

- giving advice
    - information sharing
    - curated content to keep it fun and interesting.

What do you guys think?
    Yeah I saw your cutsie facebook.

My chiropractor sends out emails like so:
    Five Stretches to Help Your
    Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Carpal tunnel syndrome is a debilitating disorder affecting the nerves that pass through the wrist and into the hand. In addition, compression can also occur in the neck region, making some patients' problems more complex. At its essence, carpal tunnel syndrome is a disease of nerves but other tissues can also be affected. For example the joints of the wrist may lose their mobility through a combination of wrist braces or pain-avoidance behavior. Because the hand is used less, the shoulder and upper arm region may also get affected with tightness and weakness.
    As pain continues, we may stop using a keyboard or playing certain sports or hobbies. All of this lack of activity makes muscles weaker and joint function further impaired. This is why it is important to maintain flexibility of your joints and muscles if you have this disorder.
    Two good stretches for the forearm and hand involve stretching into flexion, which lengthens the tissues on the back of the wrist and moving your fingers backwards, stretching the palm and the front of the forearm. You can do these two stretches by using your other hand to bend the fingers backwards and pulling the back of the hand forward. If either of these motions causes more pain, then you should avoid them.
    Three additional stretches involve the elbow, wrist and neck. For the elbow, extend your arm out, stretching the front of the upper arm. You can also rotate the wrist by twisting it until the thumb points down maximally and outwards maximally. Check to see if you have the same flexibility on both sides; your goal will be to create symmetrical side to side movements.
    The shoulder and neck are often neglected in carpal tunnel stretches but are critical because the nerve that goes through the wrist starts in the neck area and passes through the shoulder. Put both hands over your head and "reach for the stars." You might also rotate your shoulders by moving your arms in large circles. This stretch will also affect the neck. It's important to do your stretches slowly. Little by little the nerve will have more flexibility as it courses down the arm and this may help your hand symptoms.
    Results of a Clinical Trial
    of Two Treatments
    Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when the median nerve, which starts at the neck and runs from the forearm into the hand, becomes compressed or squeezed at the wrist. In some cases there may also be compression at the spine.
    The median nerve controls sensations to the palm side of the thumb and fingers (but not the little finger), as well as impulses to some small muscles in the hand that allow the thumb and fingers to move.
    A recent study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics compared two different conservative treatments for patients with mild to moderate carpal tunnel symptoms. One treatment was the Graston technique, which uses an instrument to rub the forearm, wrist and hand areas to breakdown scar tissue and adhesions. In the other treatment a chiropractor applied deep pressure by hand to the same areas. These treatments are thought to release tight muscles and myofascial restrictions.
    The patients got the treatments twice each week for four weeks followed by one treatment a week for two additional weeks. The patients also did at-home stretching exercises. They did not use common conservative treatments such as wrist splints and anti-inflammatory medications.
    After both interventions, there were objective improvements to nerve conduction latencies (nerve function), wrist strength, and wrist motion. The patient symptoms of pain also improved, and both groups reported high satisfaction with the care they received.
    Despite surgery being in widespread use in the US for carpal tunnel syndrome, it is important for conservative treatments to be tried prior to an invasive operation.
    The surgical complication rates are low but when they do occur, can be devastating. In addition to direct surgery costs, one has to also consider disability payments (not working), and rehabilitation that may take several weeks. These costs can be substantial. For this reason, many medical doctors recommend conservative treatments first.
    Of all the conservative options, manual therapy by a chiropractor is an excellent choice. It comes without the side effects associated with long-term use of medications.
    A comprehensive examination by a Doctor of Chiropractic can determine if your carpal tunnel symptoms are likely to respond to care. He or she can also advise on at-home stretching exercises that can be done to help recovery. In some cases, hidden spinal and neck problems can influence carpal tunnel symptoms, and be the key to treating the cause vs. the symptom.
    If you have copy written, you can send those out one all your social network thingys in varying degrees of abridgement. I wouldn't send them out more than once a week in you business. You can get their email addy during the intake in one of the emails you can tell them about your blog, specials, etc. Refer a friend credits! Weee!