Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety Thread

Type
    INTP

Anxiety Thread

Post what you're currently anxious about.

Type
    INTP
    that i'll never get a job again.

Type
    INTP
    Constantly worrying about the baby's sleep (he needs to nap - why isn't he napping? he needs to sleep. is he hungry? if he's sleeping, I'm afraid he'll wake up. wake up crying or wake up playing and crawl off the bed. should i work harder to transition him to a crib?)

This constant undercurrent of anxiety plus chronic sleep deprivation makes me more anxious about everything else.

Boyfriend. I know that he's having a rough time right now but my first instinct is to defend myself against his irrationality. I feel like the magnitude of his own suffering means that he has no sympathy for anyone else's struggles, including mine.

That's only partially true.

Me being defensive and anxious = personal irrationality. I know I'm not being fair. Usually I'm the calm one.

Can't lean on him when he gets less sleep than I do.

Lots of little things I need to take care of. Can't even organize my thoughts. My day every day is even more fragmented than my nights. The baby needs my attention randomly, minute by minute, throughout the day.

Type
    INFJ

Angry

Everything. Lol!!

- at work last week we had Wednesday off. The girl who does the insurances, in a panicky voice I was like, "Where's Wednesday?! You pulled and checked mon , tues, and thur but skipped wed?!"

She frantically looks about her desk. I had to have done them! I always go in order. Maybe I put them .. (She looks about. The entire exchange lasts about 5-10 minutes). I then realized I forgot .. We had Wednesday off. (The Dr. Was out so it wasn't usual).

Oh wait! We have no work Wednesday! Lol!!

The girl laughs and it's funny. Just another goofy NK antic. She's the same tritype as me though different MBTI. We get along good. So today ..... (It's Tuesday today)

The INTJ receptionist. The first and only girl for awhile that made me feel comfortable. I laugh and tell her, "so that guy I'm meeting Wednesday. I texted him yesterday about it all asking details thinking it was Tuesday. ALL day yesterday I thought it was Tuesday! Anyways I had him going for probably 10 minutes thinking it was Tuesday until he said, "wait a minute. It's Monday!" Hahahaha.

(Thinking, isn't that funny) she's not thinking it that funny. I say, 'I always get confused and get everyone around me confused' or something like that, thinking it funny .. Making fun of myself a little but really , I'm sincerely giggling because I think it's funny. I always amuse myself with my ridiculous.

She says, smiling but clearly not finding it funny. "You're too much to handle"

Of course. I don't think she hates me. But what did she mean?

I always do stupid silly shit and I'm klutzy and stupid sometimes and ... (Insert over thinking anxiety nonsense)

No matter what or where you are. Never forget: always look up.

6w7, 1w9, 2w1 Sx/Sp

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    anxious about all the tedious work and sitting around and waiting left to do before this year is over

+ not having motivation / being too depressed to act when good opportunities present themselves

+ having life pass me by while i'm just working or thinking ab work. there's more than one way to waste your life

+ knowing i'll be guilt-tripped if i take a vacation. & if it's with my bf i'll be slut-shamed with no mercy
    chatting on discord

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    Constantly worrying about the baby's sleep (he needs to nap - why isn't he napping? he needs to sleep. is he hungry? if he's sleeping, I'm afraid he'll wake up. wake up crying or wake up playing and crawl off the bed. should i work harder to transition him to a crib?)

This constant undercurrent of anxiety plus chronic sleep deprivation makes me more anxious about everything else.

Boyfriend. I know that he's having a rough time right now but my first instinct is to defend myself against his irrationality. I feel like the magnitude of his own suffering means that he has no sympathy for anyone else's struggles, including mine.

That's only partially true.

Me being defensive and anxious = personal irrationality. I know I'm not being fair. Usually I'm the calm one.

Can't lean on him when he gets less sleep than I do.

Lots of little things I need to take care of. Can't even organize my thoughts. My day every day is even more fragmented than my nights. The baby needs my attention randomly, minute by minute, throughout the day.
    WHOA....another INTP mom who has a young child?

I am now anxious everyone thinks I am a feelery stalker. My work is done here.

Type
    INTP
    Er..

I wonder if I'll still have a job in this field 5-10 years from now. I need to move up, diversify my skill-set, or get out and try something else, otherwise I might be out on my ass. I dream about the latter sometimes but I'm not sure what I could do. I'm not going to re-train, that's for sure.

Long-distance relationship. Not getting into it.

Lame social life.

Lack of sleep.

Neglected creative outlet.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    WHOA....another INTP mom who has a young child?
    Apparently INTPs are particularly stressed out by parenthood. ...OR we're not stressed out by many things, so parenthood, which stresses everyone out, is an exception to our no-stress rule.

I am now anxious everyone thinks I am a feelery stalker. My work is done here.
    Your pic makes me automatically associate you with HBC as Marla and thus the anti-feelerStalker.

BeyondUrLatestAdCampaigns ciphersort's Avatar
    Type
    iNtp
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I wonder if I'll still have a job in this field 5-10 years from now.
    The Great Dying of Boomers has begun... you probably don't need to worry about it much.

Type
    intp
    I'm anxious that I might be fucking everything up and everyone else knows it.