Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: INxP - The Dreamgineer

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INXP

INxP - The Dreamgineer

So, I was just looking at a comparison of INTP and INFP and, of course, there are elements of both that I have and elements of both that I don't have. One was called the Dreamer, and one was called the Engineer, so I thought it was appropriate to call the INxP the "Dreamgineer".

I'm tired of there being no decent INxP type descriptions, so I'm setting out to write one. If you're the kind of person that believes that you have to stick to one or the other and that someone has a "true" type - one of the 16, then I'm sorry, but you're an idiot and seriously need to fuck off and die.

So, this is the first mashup of two descriptions:

The INxP is deep, private, difficult to know and extremely independent. They do not like being boxed in or constrained by rules. They focus on things that interest them most putting off completing tasks until the last minute as the routine bores them.

INxPs, unlike INTPs, are not overly concerned with logic. They may be able to easily spot logical inconsistencies and employ logic in the service of whatever they’re trying to accomplish, but they may also have no qualms with disregarding it in certain contexts. Logic is employed only under certain circumstances, in balance with what may be a hypothetical or experimental set of values, and guided by an ever shifting contextual awareness gifted by intuition.

Also, unlike INFPs, INxPs don’t necessarily require that their beliefs and actions are in sync, simply because their beliefs may never be set in stone. Personal values, like logic and reasoning, may be something that an INxP concerns themself with from time to time, but they feel no pressure to be “right” all the time and are willing to play the fool or devil’s advocate just to see where it takes them. They also don’t necessarily feel pressure to be in harmony or accordance with the needs of others, even though they may be sensitive to them. They may possess empathy, but feel no need to be accomodating.

I'll try to keep it coming with more as I see fit. Some things written for INTP and INFP are obviously more about being IN_P, so they're applicable to both. Some are T or F, so there's more ambivalence or need for context.

Feel free to help. Hopefully more people will chip in with more x type descriptions so that more young 'uns aren't misled by the descriptions of certain types.

Type
    Intp
    So far, you are spot on. Excellent idea, btw. I kind of have two of us living under the same roof, daughter dearest and I. We are both the same, but different. Very complicated.

(I would try to add, but i've had a virus for two weeks and cannot even think straight to write anything).

fyi The lunar eclipse this a.m. was amazing. I only got to see the red crescent before it dipped below the horizon, but it was the coolest. We also took photos of the sunset. Well, daughter the photographer did. Well worth the early a.m. adventure even whilst still sick. (infp/intp's are like that)
    Last edited by Hermione; 10-08-2014 at 04:42 PM.
    All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage. Mycroft Holmes

I am not programmed to harm human beings. Baymax

Type
    INTP
    I like it. At the risk of blasphemously bringing this up, I think this would be typical of a 5w4 (or 4w5) enneagram type, which most INTPs on the board seem to score.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I like it. At the risk of blasphemously bringing this up, I think this would be typical of a 5w4 (or 4w5) enneagram type, which most INTPs on the board seem to score.
    I'm an elusive 5w6. There are a few other ones here.

Type
    Intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Slab_Bulkhead View Post
    I'm an elusive 5w6. There are a few other ones here.
    I think I'm that, too. But, arrgh, I can never remember. One of those two things I think is whot I am.

5w4-Environmentally sensitive and subject at times to total overwhelm. Touchy about criticism. Can be slow to recover from traumatic events. Melancholy isolation and bleak existential depression are possible pitfalls.

5w6-When more entranced, they develop a suspicious scrutiny of other people's motives but can also be blind followers. Misanthropic and Scrooge-like when defensive. More able to keep their feelings cut off in a constant way. Can be cold, skeptical, ironic, and disassociated.
    Nope, I take it back. I'm both. Hence, this thread: the Intp/Infp types. (most are a mix anyway)
    All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage. Mycroft Holmes

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
    I think I'm that, too. But, arrgh, I can never remember. One of those two things I think is whot I am.

Nope, I take it back. I'm both. Hence, this thread: the Intp/Infp types. (most are a mix anyway)
    At times I fit the 5w4 description. Although, I think I'm pretty open to criticism when it comes from a source I trust.

Type
    Intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Slab_Bulkhead View Post
    At times I fit the 5w4 description. Although, I think I'm pretty open to criticism when it comes from a source I trust.
    Me, too, except I trust very few people. People have a tendency to abuse my gullibility and naivete and being way too trusting at times. Most annoying, that. I rarely trust on a personal level, but when I do it's most often a huge mistake. Rats. Criticism in itself is fine though.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
    Me, too, except I trust very few people. People have a tendency to abuse my gullibility and naivete and being way too trusting at times. Most annoying, that. I rarely trust on a personal level, but when I do it's most often a huge mistake. Rats. Criticism in itself is fine though.
    It doesn't happen often.

There are some areas, though, where I trust someone to be accurate about certain things. There are different levels of trust.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    According to this, I'd be an INFP.

I don't see any fun in playing devil's advocate. I also have a need for my values to coincide with what I'm doing. Sometimes pragmatism overruns that but it's never a happy circumstance. Also, logic and values coincide for me. My values are rooted in logic. I don't understand the juxtapposition and I always thought that axis was sorta bullshitty.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

dormant
    Type
    xxxx
    i'm already xxxx, i have transcended