Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: INxP - The Dreamgineer

Type
    INTP
    I thought this initiative merited a wiki page to exhibit its content, and so with permission of the OP, I've created the INxP page, as such.

Type
    INFP
    First, I give this topic a:

Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I don't see any fun in playing devil's advocate. I also have a need for my values to coincide with what I'm doing. Sometimes pragmatism overruns that but it's never a happy circumstance. Also, logic and values coincide for me. My values are rooted in logic. I don't understand the juxtapposition and I always thought that axis was sorta bullshitty.
    I'm 80% the same, but I also know I'm not very technical oriented in my thinking process. I like to get all the information I can on a subject that interests me before I make a decision, but I'm not afraid to go with my gut if it's one that doesn't. I definitely value logic in my values more than feelings, but I'm fairly empathic to situations where logic holds little sway whether right or wrong. Some people need to believe in something I don't, and there isn't always a need for me to fault or judge them for basing their rational on the entirely subjective.

That said, being Fi and knowing a strong Ti person, I recognize how polar the two can be while just easily finding common ground.

Type
    INtP
    I've invented a new dimension (still in the somewhat early stage of development and testing) for the Cognitive Functions that should readily help to at least conceptually distinguish between T and F in a clearer way (and no, of course the dimension wasn't invented for this purpose).
    Not planning on sharing the details yet though, as my Narcissism and Paranoia won't permit me to share it yet "in case the explanatory power (intrapsychic insight into all people) is too great" (although probably sounding highly delusional at first glance, keep in mind metaphysical positions such as Idealism, and how central the Imagination and hence also the Psyche, being the seat of the Imagination, suddenly becomes under such considerations...) or/and the general fear that I'd be giving out something I've spent a lot of time figuring out for free when I can't really afford it (psychologically speaking, e.g. [not] receiving credits for this contribution (receiving credit for contributing being one of several big weak spots in my life) -- not economically).
    Long useless rant is useless.
    Anyway, I'm excited about this dimension, but can't tell about it, so....
    Just say you love me anyhow and invite me out to other discussions or something pls.

As for the OT and the IN_P/Dreamgineer descriptions - I identify with the very first couple of lines (what an IN_P is as opposed to being contrasted with INTPs and INFPs), but the rest is too ambiguous for me to be able to decide where I'm at.
    But that fits well into the scheme of MBTI though I think, descriptions usually being quite ambiguous, y'know horoscopes style.

BeyondUrLatestAdCampaigns ciphersort's Avatar
    Type
    iNtp
    Enneagram is where I step off the intp train...supposedly 7w8 sx/sp/so

On INxP - I've always believe in the x types.. being borderline in 2..

Type
    INXP
    Quote Originally Posted by notdavidlynch View Post
    So, I was just looking at a comparison of INTP and INFP and, of course, there are elements of both that I have and elements of both that I don't have. One was called the Dreamer, and one was called the Engineer, so I thought it was appropriate to call the INxP the "Dreamgineer".

I'm tired of there being no decent INxP type descriptions, so I'm setting out to write one. If you're the kind of person that believes that you have to stick to one or the other and that someone has a "true" type - one of the 16, then I'm sorry, but you're an idiot and seriously need to fuck off and die.

So, this is the first mashup of two descriptions
    I'll try to keep it coming with more as I see fit. Some things written for INTP and INFP are obviously more about being IN_P, so they're applicable to both. Some are T or F, so there's more ambivalence or need for context.

Feel free to help. Hopefully more people will chip in with more x type descriptions so that more young 'uns aren't misled by the descriptions of certain types.

I love it.
    The INxP is deep, private, difficult to know and extremely independent. They do not like being boxed in or constrained by rules. They focus on things that interest them most putting off completing tasks until the last minute as the routine bores them.

Totally me. I relate to most everything else also. Although I do concern myself with logic. I have no problem making a decision for emotional reasons, but I need to be able to identify that it is for emotional reasons and that whatever benefit there is outweighs the logical alternative. I am pretty laid back and open minded in a lot of areas, but I get really judgmental when people (like my xSTJ husband) try to use faulty logic to justify their opinions... if there is no black and white, right or wrong answer, then just tell me that it is what your heart desires and I will be cool with it as long as I receive equal consideration. But if he starts trying to rationalize something he wants with bad arguments, I get cranky in a hurry. This is particularly a problem when STJ thinks he is always right and that there is only one way to do things, which of course is the way he has always done them. The truth is that I don't argue much unless I am sure I am right. And my logic is usually cutting edge, at least internally... I may have trouble expressing it verbally as well as I would like to.
    Also I don't like doing things that are truly against my values of right and wrong. If I do, I am going to feel really bad about it.
    Last edited by jojo38; 09-23-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INXP
    Good thread to revive from the dead. I feel like the core idea behind it rings truer and truer as I go about my life.

I'm not an INTP, and stick out like a sore thumb amongst them. I'm not an INFP, and stick out like a sore thumb amongst them. I'm definitely an I, N, and P though. Type purists forget that types are just theoretical and nobody has a "true" type, and they're determined by the assessment of 4 traits that are likely normally distributed.

This is why I think that most people aren't even attracted to MBTI, or only have a small interest and then forget about it. A small minority of people read type descriptions and feel like they're "spot on", or close enough to it that they might begin to obsess about it and then begin to view the world through a distorted lens, perhaps becoming attracted to communities like this one.

When I first tested I was INFP, and felt like it was a semi-revelation. Then I started testing as INTP and felt like that was a semi-revelation as well. Then some theoretical purist sorts started getting weird about it and labeled me a "repressed" ENTP based on function ordering, because I had strong N but relatively balanced F and T with a slight preference for T. I think the slight preference was exacerbated when I started buying into the INTP persona and was desperately trying to fit into the community 10 or so years ago.

If anything, I'm a repressed INXP.

I also just finished a long night of bizarre dreams, and then vaporized 2 hits of a DreaM like psychedelic subsTance in the morning for a mild trip. So just the word 'dream' appeals to me right now. I've also always had bizarre, lucid dreams that I easily remember, long before I ever touched any sort of drug, and they've haunted me my entire life. My pursuit of art has long been an attempt to express the essential qualities of those dreams to other people, but they're hard to communicate, and I certainly don't want to resort to a literal representation of a dream-like state or scenario (David Lynch, surrealism, etc) - that's trite.

At first I recognized 4 pillars of my dreams:

1. Sex
    2. Adventure
    3. Mischief
    4. Game mechanics

But, of course, there are more themes that recur: the main one being coerced institutionalism (K-12 education, prisons, workplaces) and the architecture involved. Hierarchical floors, elevators, and doors with access and security restrictions as well as surveillance. Cafeterias. Gyms. Systems of energy, resource, and waste transport and their often hidden machinations - public restrooms, intermediary spaces between walls and floors with pipes/wires/ducts, and basements with large machinery. Of course, the people involved with these institutions - teachers, peer students, bosses, co-workers, janitors, etc. Outside of building architecture there's the transport system of roads, highways, and overpasses linking them as well as the vehicles that we use to navigate them. There's geography and the boundaries between our built world and nature - terrestrial or extraterrestrial, forest or ocean, frozen or warm. Blah, blah, blah. Also, how all of these things crumble and erode in disaster scenarios - how some operation may persist while others stop, how some operation may be corrupted or inverted, how to navigate through such a changing or unpredictable, half-operational system or landscape of them in unison or discord - oh the horror, oh the excitement, oh how our survival instincts remain intact despite our civilization, and oh how this is all a reality for many people living on the edges of society (homeless, etc) or within third-world or war-torn countries.
    Last edited by notdavidlynch; 09-23-2016 at 10:10 PM.

Type
    INXP
    Quote Originally Posted by notdavidlynch View Post
    Good thread to revive from the dead. I feel like the core idea behind it rings truer and truer as I go about my life.

I'm not an INTP, and stick out like a sore thumb amongst them. I'm not an INFP, and stick out like a sore thumb amongst them. I'm definitely an I, N, and P though. Type purists forget that types are just theoretical and nobody has a "true" type, and they're determined by the assessment of 4 traits that are likely normally distributed.

This is why I think that most people aren't even attracted to MBTI, or only have a small interest and then forget about it. A small minority of people read type descriptions and feel like they're "spot on", or close enough to it that they might begin to obsess about it and then begin to view the world through a distorted lens, perhaps becoming attracted to communities like this one.

When I first tested I was INFP, and felt like it was a semi-revelation. Then I started testing as INTP and felt like that was a semi-revelation as well. Then some theoretical purist sorts started getting weird about it and labeled me a "repressed" ENTP based on function ordering, because I had strong N but relatively balanced F and T with a slight preference for T. I think the slight preference was exacerbated when I started buying into the INTP persona and was desperately trying to fit into the community 10 or so years ago.

If anything, I'm a repressed INXP.

I also just finished a long night of bizarre dreams, and then vaporized 2 hits of a DreaM like psychedelic subsTance in the morning for a mild trip. So just the word 'dream' appeals to me right now. I've also always had bizarre, lucid dreams that I easily remember, long before I ever touched any sort of drug, and they've haunted me my entire life. My pursuit of art has long been an attempt to express the essential qualities of those dreams to other people, but they're hard to communicate, and I certainly don't want to resort to a literal representation of a dream-like state or scenario (David Lynch, surrealism, etc) - that's trite.

At first I recognized 4 pillars of my dreams:

1. Sex
    2. Adventure
    3. Mischief
    4. Game mechanics

But, of course, there are more themes that recur: the main one being coerced institutionalism (K-12 education, prisons, workplaces) and the architecture involved. Hierarchical floors, elevators, and doors with access and security restrictions as well as surveillance. Cafeterias. Gyms. Systems of energy, resource, and waste transport and their often hidden machinations - public restrooms, intermediary spaces between walls and floors with pipes/wires/ducts, and basements with large machinery. Of course, the people involved with these institutions - teachers, peer students, bosses, co-workers, janitors, etc. Outside of building architecture there's the transport system of roads, highways, and overpasses linking them as well as the vehicles that we use to navigate them. There's geography and the boundaries between our built world and nature - terrestrial or extraterrestrial, forest or ocean, frozen or warm. Blah, blah, blah. Also, how all of these things crumble and erode in disaster scenarios - how some operation may persist while others stop, how some operation may be corrupted or inverted, how to navigate through such a changing or unpredictable, half-operational system or landscape of them in unison or discord - oh the horror, oh the excitement, oh how our survival instincts remain intact despite our civilization, and oh how this is all a reality for many people living on the edges of society (homeless, etc) or within third-world or war-torn countries.
    There is something comforting about fitting into a box and feeling like there are others who actually get what it is like to be me. But like you, I do not fit in with either INFP or INTP, yet I am clearly I, N, and P. I also have vivid dreams. I don't do drugs and haven't ever. Not judging, but is not worth the risks for me. A few years ago, I became interested in the Enneagram. I am 5w4 or possibly 4w5 sp/sx. It seems like there is a correlation between Enneagram 4 and INFP, and Enneagram 5 with INTP. But once again I am between the 2, and vary in how strong I am either way. I think there has been a general trend in my life of drifting slightly more towards 5 / INTP as I have gotten older.

Type
    INxp
    [QUOTE=notdavidlynch;66113

I'm tired of there being no decent INxP type descriptions, so I'm setting out to write one. If you're the kind of person that believes that you have to stick to one or the other and that someone has a "true" type - one of the 16, then I'm sorry, but you're an idiot and seriously need to fuck off and die.

Feel free to help. Hopefully more people will chip in with more x type descriptions so that more young 'uns aren't misled by the descriptions of certain types.[/QUOTE]

<3 I hate those people who think that there's only 16 types. If you can add enneagram into the equation you have a lot more, and unfortunately there's also the case that people are sometimes lining up with a near nothing preference like I do with j and p and f and t.

Type
    INxP
    You know, there must be a lot of ignorance of the proof and existence of 50/50s, INTPs/INFPs,

I was at the INTP boards at personality cafe, i phrased it differently. I said "Is anyone here half INTP half INFP assuming they'd know I only meant the T/F part, not the whole acronym, and they really railed into me. What a bunch of idiots.

Type
    INxP

Red Pill>...Or Blue Pill?

Here's my theory:

INxPs are more likely to have access to Mysticism and Analytical Igenuity, and the right AND left hemisphere's of the brain than other types. INxPs are more likely than almost anyone to pursue words and images or writing AND art as opposed excluding or disregarding one or the other. They are fascinated by both forms of creativity.

My Journal is 4,000 pages and I have ideas for over 40 short stories
    I also self-published an art book on Amazon as well as comics I'm a cartoonist of.

I shift between different creative fields at different times of the week or day because I feel empty pursuing only one interest, even if it's harder to finish things my way, which it is.

I wouldn't be able to shift back and forth between word mode and image mode if I wasn't INxP. It's a godsend to my creativity.

MBTI researchers should really get onto looking into this sort of thing.
    Last edited by JM Matthews INxP; 11-06-2016 at 11:45 PM.