Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rage

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

Rage

When people start nodding and saying little sarcastic uh-huhs while I'm trying to explain why they're wrong about something, I want to tear their heads off. It just detonates me. Then I feel stupid, but I still want to tear their heads off.

What things give you near-uncontrollable rage, and how do you manage it?
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    xxxx
    when people who used to beat me up when i was a child threaten to beat me up now?

it's cuz it's so pathetic. i've been through more than they think and they think i'd still allow myself to be in that role, to be controlled by assholes, for what??

most times i can hold in the rage, but i now know i can match a grown man in his explosive expression of anger and that's weirdly empowering.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I just don't know if there is ever any use for expressing it. I don't know if expressing rage only leads to more expressions of rage, like a bad habit, or if it actually lets out steam that would otherwise end up being unhealthy. Sometimes it seems the people who project the most verbal violence are the healthiest motherfuckers around, ugh.

Although I've mellowed a lot over the years, when the rage comes back it's really unsettling and I dread it happening again.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    xxxx
    it shows conviction, which makes people back off if they can not counter your conviction.

a reaction is a choice but when it's happening it doesn't feel like a choice. overreacting would be horrible as a habit, but "irrational" expressions of rage wasn't what i was thinking about. about these people who overreact at dumb shit, though, it's like they think they're the only scary asshole on planet earth and it's so annoying.

Type
    INTP
    I have a similar problem. The cause seems to be something like ignoring my argument in favor of some belittling gesture. I don't know it's hard to put to words. It happens extremely rarely for me (like, I can only recall it happening 3 times ever) but when it does its like "wow, is this me?".
    I have a thick skin about things and am generally unconfrontational so I'm always taken by surprise when this happens... and I'm all of a sudden ready to kill the other party. It's a scary thing.
    Violence is never the right answer, unless used against heathens and monsters.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Usually I joke about whatever it is I'm angry about. Anger isn't empowering to me. Laughter is empowering. Anger just means the other person has the upper hand.

I've decided to try not to show anger, because nobody gets most of the things I'm angry about, anyway.

One thing that gets me angry is when people are deliberately trying to emotionally manipulate me, for their own purposes. Like, I have a family member who pretends to be crippled; pretty sure he has Munchhausen syndrome. That's an extreme example of it, but generally, it involves situations whenever someone is trying to take advantage of me by appealing to my higher impulses. With the family member, it's probably not going to go away, so the only thing for me to do is to laugh at it.

Type
    XXXX
    Ther radio at my work plays two hours of pop followed by one Phil Collins song (sadly none of the pop is Michael Jackson).

BeyondUrLatestAdCampaigns ciphersort's Avatar
    Type
    iNtp
    I'll give ya a dose, but it'll never come close to the rage built up inside of me.
    Last edited by ciphersort; 10-14-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Type
    INTP
    Any sound that comes out of my mother, more or less.

Type
    xNxx
    Peeling eggs. That's my litmus test for how bad my rage is at any given moment.