Thread: Childhood Scenarios for Enneatypes

Type
    INTP

Childhood Scenarios for Enneatypes

Does your relationship with your parents correlate with your Enneagram type?

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/fo...7#.VEkgNFchFTA

I'd say that's actually accurate for me. As a child I was definitely neutral, while my parents were relatively responsive, and I'm a type 5.

Thinking about my sister, she was a lot more demanding than I was and my parents didn't understand her needs, so from her perspective it was more like active child + neutral parent, which leads to type 4. I think that's accurate for her as well.

Type
    INTP
    And projecting my son's disposition from his personality at 10 mos (because that's totally legit) he's definitely responsive, so depending on how well I respond to him that would either make him E6 or E2. ...Hmm...

Type
    INFP
    lol yeah. (with the exception that I'm far from theatrical-- I don't "resort to dramatic (outward) expressions of my emotions.") People say that enneagram is even more horoscopical than mbti but the 4(w5) descriptions always resonate with me.

Active child vs. Neutral parent
    This scenario is thought to produce Enneagram type 4

In this relationship, the child usually tries to grab the attention of an indifferent or absent parent, by expressing himself with increasing intensity, until a response is achieved. The Active child may act in a dramatic, exaggerated manner, attempting to get his message across to the unconcerned caretaker. The Neutral caretaker will typically ignore the child's emotional needs, making the youngster feel frustrated, misunderstood and possibly abandoned. Sometimes the child turns these negative feelings inwardly, believing that they are unlovable and not special enough to deserve attention.

This scenario teaches the Active children that they are different than other children that seem to be getting the support they lack. They want to make themselves heard so they amplify their feelings, resorting to dramatic expressions of their emotions. These children may later become overly sensitive, artistic and theatrical, but also melancholic, self-loathing and depressive.

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    the 5 fits for me although i had parents with very different parenting styles and i sorta relate to the 4 and 9 to some extent. i've also been pushed to a point where i saw some 8 in the relationship dynamic, but most of the time i definitely preferred to stay in loner central.

i'm 5w4. tritype 548
    chatting on discord

Type
    INTP
    I'm Type 8.

Seems to fit perfectly with my upbringing, I brought up myself for the most part. ha.ha.
    "How thankful for leaders that men do not think!" - Adolf Hitler.