Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: INTP Complex Informal Questionaire for Members

Type
    XNTP
    How do you come to learn about MBTI / Typology?

Surfing the web.

What are your preferred topics of discussion?

Everything

Which country do you live in? Have you lived in other countries?

The United States, and no I haven't lived anywhere else.

What languages do you speak?

English
    Took Spanish in High School I remember some but can speak it well
    Took ASL in College I remember a bet but I would likely not make since to a deaf person.

Which age demographic do you relate to the most?

30 something I guess.

What are some of your hobbies and interests?

Everything

What are some books and movies you've enjoyed?

Books [Anything historical, Sci-fi or religious]
    Movies [I have a collection of over 200 movies and my top 100 change on a yearly bases so it hard to say]

What kind of music do you listen to?

Comedy, Classical, Alternative Christian, Some Rap and R&B basically anything that not screaming/country/or pop music.

What's the story behind your username? [/QUOTE]

I test as an ENTP on many test these days but i still associate with the more antisocial nature of INTPs.

Type
    ISTJ
    If I remember correctly one of my romantic partners in high school was rather obsessed with psychology; when they weren't diagnosing me with all sorts of conditions like antisocial personality disorder or narcissism then they were telling me to take tests like meyer briggs. When I first took the test my description felt really accurate; since then I've come to believe I was mistyped and have fully embraced my ISTJ status.

Real Madrid, La Liga and the Champions League. Mostly why Real Madrid deserved to win when they actually win and why they deserved to win when they actually lose, especially in el classico matches. I am also drawn to "controversial" subjects such as issues pertaining to race, gender, sexuality or why one presidential candidate would be more qualified over the other.

I've lived in the USA my entire life.

I'm a monolingual pleb (i.e. I only speak English).

the 20-29 age bracket

I follow Real Madrid religiously, and to a lesser extent I also sometimes monitor the progress of some of the other teams that are favored to win the champions league. I also sometimes play poker, watch tv shows like suits and turn, and am a student of pharmacology.

In recent times my favorite book has been The Religion by Tim willocks. The Magician by Somerset Maugham is also a favorite though don't confuse it with The Magicians by Lev Grossman (I mean it was passably entertaining though still not a top favorite). I've also read most of the Sherlock Holmes stories and Game of Thrones was easily my favorite read in High School.

Oh, and the last 3 movies I saw that I really enjoyed were Ex Machina, Headhunters, and 10 cloverfield lane.

Most recently I've been listening to the soundtracks associated with WestWorld, Da Vinci's demons and Game of Thrones.

What's the story behind your username?
    I was watching a poker game when a player was criticizing himself for a play that he made. The announcer said that he was playing the role of "self-deprecator," and I liked the description. As an online persona I wanted to use the name as a "warning" that I'd be criticizing/ belittling others.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    I somehow missed this thread.

I got sent on an expensive training course at a German bank I worked at when I was promoted to an IT group head in charge of support and helpdesk. It was called management skills for IT professionals and it was very good.
    I got to train from the woman who wrote the course and there were five other trainers in the course taking notes.
    We all learned a lot about MBTI, including a full proctored bubble test and discussions about the true meanings of the dichotomies and different types of manager and team member (carrot/stick, cheerleaders/vampires, energy and intent, etc)
    That was 1999 and ever since, I haven't been able to read a story or watch a movie without typing people.

I don't participate a whole lot in sexuality topics, or people's blogs.
    I typically peruse like an idle shopper, looking to swoop in with a quip.

Half my life in the UK, half my life in the US. I'm a hybrid of red white and blue bars, stripes and stars.

Although I learned French for five years in school, the teacher was terrible, a bigot who was more interested in trolling non-whites into punching him to have them expelled and insulting all of us as low class and ignorant, than teaching us anything really useful. I think I can count (from doing it with hands on head, stood in the corner as a shaming punishment technique) and ask a few basic questions that I will never need to ask unless I have a sudden urge to find a butcher, railway station, or library.
    I actually had to talk someone out of going over to "see" that old teacher on a school message board recently. He is still quite hated by a lot of former students more than 25 years later.

I have also been immersed in Punjabi and Spanish, picking up some light incidental phrases and of course learning how to swear fluently.

Generation X, the best generation. Internet? you're welcome, also the best music ever. In numbers, probably 28-55 year olds.

Fast cars, efficient cars, efficiency, photography, restoring old photographs, reading, traveling, personality metrics.

The moon's a balloon - the biography of David Niven, IT by Stephen King. I like King, Herbert, Crichton in fiction, catching up on LOTS of classics of late.
    Matrix, Shawshank Redemption, Groundhog day, Strange days, Back to the Future, Sleuth (1972), Amadeus, the Lost boys, Donnie Darko, Limitless.

Just about everything except Country and most rap/Hip hop.
    Especially enjoy trance, new wave, chillout, dance, drum and bass, synth, dubstep, techno, guitar, classical.

I worked at a bank data center in rural NC. One morning, I got pulled over for nothing by some local asshole state trooper who decided he didn't like the bright yellow sports car I drove and made up an excuse.
    I made a joke picture about it by photoshopping a local sign to say "Local police are now targeting: Tea drinking Limey bastards". I printed it out and put it on the bulletin board and it just kinda stuck, I got known as "Limey" or "the Limey" at work from then on.
    I still actually prefer to be referred to by my name though ;-p
    Last edited by Limey; 07-10-2017 at 06:09 AM.
    I am the son and heir of nothing in particular.

fry cook on Venus bass_n_treble's Avatar
    Type
    INTJ

I took a personality test in like 1996... I scored The Mastermind. It didn't say INTJ though. I read back the description and it seemed a little harsh. I had a pretty turbulent few years with self-identity and took it out on the internet. I was really into astrology in high school (think Final Fantasy Tactics) and it seemed like a fit too. Now I don't take MBTI particularly seriously. It's a guideline.

Music theory, sociology, comedy, basically what makes people tick. Politics to a degree, but it's probably taken years off my life.

United States. I probably would do well in some other countries if citizenship was easier to obtain. I have a slight travel phobia, and I'm afraid I'm too set in my New York ways.

English, Spanish somewhat fluently. Working on French next.

35-60, probably. I'm not a fucking millennial, you old twat.

Drums, guitar, a little piano; sequencing and composing music, I have a medium-to-large vintage console video game collection, whiskey and a burgeoning record collection. Hockey is my favorite sport and I'm starting to branch out and go to away Islander games. I pay attention to the Yankees but I wouldn't call myself a diehard. I'd say I'm somewhat typical and don't like too many niche interests.

I'm more of a non-fiction guy; 1776, Mixerman, George Carlin books, Ready Player One, The Artist's Way.

Most classical but particularly video game soundtracks and movie scores, jazz, soul, motown, surf, folk, bluegrass, delta blues, outlaw country, classic rock, garage/proto-punk, new wave, grunge, shoegaze, doom, alt-country, stoner metal, some other guilty pleasure type stuff

Nobody has ever asked me this here before. It's an Elvis Costello lyric from 45:

Bass and treble heal every hurt.
    There's a rebel in a nylon shirt.
    But the words are a mystery, I've heard
    'Til you turn it down to thirty three and a third
    Last edited by bass_n_treble; 07-07-2017 at 02:17 AM.

Type
    INxx
    Quote Originally Posted by bass_n_treble View Post

Nobody has ever asked me this here before. It's an Elvis Costello lyric from 45:

Bass and treble heal every hurt.
    There's a rebel in a nylon shirt.
    But the words are a mystery, I've heard
    'Til you turn it down to thirty three and a third
    This song plays in my head whenever I see your username, ha

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Deprecator View Post
    I've lived in the USA my entire life.

I follow Real Madrid religiously, and to a lesser extent I also sometimes monitor the progress of some of the other teams that are favored to win the champions league. I also sometimes play poker, watch tv shows like suits and turn, and am a student of pharmacology.
    How on earth did you get into following Real Madrid?

Type
    ISTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    How on earth did you get into following Real Madrid?
    I always liked watching soccer and it wasn't until ~6-7 years ago that I discovered streaming sites that let me watch virtually any game I wanted. I didn't know who to follow/ cheer for at the time and so I watched a lot of different European clubs. At the time Real Madrid hadn't won more than 1 la liga title in ~7 years or a champions league title in over 10 years, yet they were still a very good team that was consistently making the champions league semi finals. When I saw Gareth Bale play for tottenham all I could think about was how ridiculous RM would become if they could get him, and this was before all the rumors/ speculation about the transfer even began. As soon as they bought him I placed my bet for RM to win the CL and mostly just started watching RM because I thought they'd be insane and since then they've won 3 out of 4 possible CL titles, la liga and the copa del rey. And I was so excited to cash in on my first bet that I even bought a long sleeved RM 2014-2015 gareth bale third kit jersey (which features a Yamamoto Dragon), an article of clothing that has yielded me more compliments than all others combined.

TLDR: I like soccer and think they're easily the best and most exciting team to watch.

fry cook on Venus bass_n_treble's Avatar
    Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
    This song plays in my head whenever I see your username, ha
    That's not my problem

Also, this username is about 5 or 6 years older than that song.

Type
    INtP
    Read a book my sister had called Love Types and thought it was total junk.
    Came across Psychological Types many years later and thought it was total genius.
    Also read Gifts Differing, Please Understand me and various other Jungian typology authors.

Analyzing anything. Lint in my navel. Anything. Absurdities are great. Contemplating how the future may pan out. Analyzing lipstick colors. Let's just ponder stuff into infinity. I enjoy the phrase "on the other hand" and it turns out I have like 8 hands.
    Anything EXCEPT people's lives. I will pass on discussing any he said she said junk too. I don't mind feelings. Just not LIVES. Unless it's super general analysis of lives in a particular culture or era or something. I also don't like discussing plans much mainly because it tends to prompt commitment to something.

USA. Sadly, no, but maybe someday.

English native speaker and bad high school French and passable Hindi/Urdu.
    Definitely know some programming languages if we're counting those.

Millenial/GenX border child

Thinking to myself in sweet silence, fantasizing, theorizing, reading, writing, drawing cartoons, music listening, looking at art and design, drinking alcohol, strength training, going for meandering and solitary walks, fashioning my appearance with fabrics and cosmetics, consuming novel foods, taking lengthy naps
    And of course.... personality typology!

Philosophy - Kierkegaard, lots of psychospiritual stuff
    Poetry - Neruda, Keats, Rilke
    Fiction - all the Brontes, Tolstoy, Murakami
    Non-fiction - stuff about art/design, neuroscience, genetics, or psychology

Foreign films and arty farty stuff. Old movies like Casablanca.
    I like Michael Gondry and Richard Linklater movies. Anything with Tilda Swinton.
    Grosse Pointe Blank and High Fidelity or any John Cusack movie that isn't too rom com.

The Cure, Morrissey, The Pixies, PJ Harvey, Interpol, Tchaikovsky, Nina Simone, Siouxsie and the Banshees, St Vincent, Hot Chip, Duke Ellington, etc

It's sorta the antithesis of a Barbie Doll. But I actually love Barbie because she's fun to dress and animate with a personality I create for her. So it's more about what Barbie represents.