Page 1 of 187 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 2025

Thread: Little questions that don't deserve their own thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    No Thank You Blorg's Avatar
    Type
    INFP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    near Lidl
    Posts
    3,950

    Little questions that don't deserve their own thread

    Either addressed to particular members or the void in general.

    (based on a post by @tele)

  2. #2
    Tsundoku LordLatch's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,705
    Stand clear of the closing doors, please.

  3. #3
    Hasta Siempre Madrigal's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Mañana
    Posts
    8,212
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ahcir View Post
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Type
    intp
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,927
    If god existed, would it matter?

  5. #5
    know nothing pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,538
    is it really possible for a human being to love another for unselfish reasons?

  6. #6
    Member Guess Who's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    994
    Quote Originally Posted by pathogenetic_peripatetic View Post
    is it really possible for a human being to love another for unselfish reasons?
    @pathogenetic_peripatetic

    Yes, but this sort of love is gradually disappearing from the world.

    I didn't experience any love from my family growing up but now my heart is full of love and I love everyone unselfishly.

    You mentioned in another post that you feel empty. What you need and are searching for to fill your emptiness is love and truth.

  7. #7
    Member MoneyJungle's Avatar
    Type
    INFP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Fool's Paradise
    Posts
    2,728
    INTPx Award Winner
    What is some amazing rock drumming I may not be familiar with? Nothing too proggy plz. More Dave Grohly Nevermindy. Something Keith Moony would also be acceptable. Not Niel Pearty.

    Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

  8. #8
    schlemiel Faust's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,680
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyJungle View Post
    What is some amazing rock drumming I may not be familiar with? Nothing too proggy plz. More Dave Grohly Nevermindy. Something Keith Moony would also be acceptable. Not Niel Pearty.
    You're looking for generic rock drumming?

    I inexplicably overlooked Nomeansno for a long time. If you enjoy Nevermind, try Wrong (1989) and Small Parts Isolated And Destroyed (1988), might have the sort of drumming you're looking for.

  9. #9
    Member MoneyJungle's Avatar
    Type
    INFP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Fool's Paradise
    Posts
    2,728
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    You're looking for generic rock drumming?

    I inexplicably overlooked Nomeansno for a long time. If you enjoy Nevermind, try Wrong (1989) and Small Parts Isolated And Destroyed (1988), might have the sort of drumming you're looking for.
    Listening to Wrong right now. Great stuff. I'm surprised I haven't already listened to this a lot. It's like everything I want Fugazi to be but just isn't. Spot on recommendation.

    Edit:
    After a full listen. Great musicians but the songs don't really knock my socks off. Will listen to again.
    Last edited by MoneyJungle; 11-01-2014 at 05:44 PM.

    Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

  10. #10
    schlemiel Faust's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,680
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyJungle View Post
    Listening to Wrong right now. Great stuff. I'm surprised I haven't already listened to this a lot. It's like everything I want Fugazi to be but just isn't. Spot on recommendation.

    Edit:
    After a full listen. Great musicians but the songs don't really knock my socks off. Will listen to again.
    I know what you mean. I grow impatient with some of the tracks, but it scratches an itch somehow. Easily the first thing that came to mind.

    Here's another band, you might be familiar. They're not as technical--more melodic and spacey rather, but still have a tinge of grunge.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUN3iTgshVg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O7PORHslWk

Similar Threads

  1. Little rants that don't deserve their own thread
    By Polemarch in forum Rants, Raves & Hot Air
    Replies: 9313
    Last Post: Today, 02:02 AM
  2. Little raves that don't deserve their own thread
    By Hephaestus in forum Rants, Raves & Hot Air
    Replies: 3768
    Last Post: 08-10-2018, 08:05 PM
  3. Replies: 114
    Last Post: 10-15-2017, 03:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •