Page 1 of 158 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Little questions that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INFP

Little questions that don't deserve their own thread

Either addressed to particular members or the void in general.

(based on a post by @tele)
    "Better not to feel too much until the crisis ends—and if it never ends, at least we’ll have suffered a little less, developed a useful dullness...The constant—and very real—fear of being hurt, the fear of death, of intolerable loss, or even of “mere” humiliation, leads each of us, the citizens and prisoners of the conflict, to dampen our own vitality, our emotional and intellectual range, and to cloak ourselves in more and more protective layers until we suffocate." - Toni Morrison

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Type
    intp
    If god existed, would it matter?

a fool on a journey pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    is it really possible for a human being to love another for unselfish reasons?

Type
    INFP
    What is some amazing rock drumming I may not be familiar with? Nothing too proggy plz. More Dave Grohly Nevermindy. Something Keith Moony would also be acceptable. Not Niel Pearty.
    Even if I knew that tomorrow
    the world would go to pieces,
    I would still plant my apple tree

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyJungle View Post
    What is some amazing rock drumming I may not be familiar with? Nothing too proggy plz. More Dave Grohly Nevermindy. Something Keith Moony would also be acceptable. Not Niel Pearty.
    You're looking for generic rock drumming?

I inexplicably overlooked Nomeansno for a long time. If you enjoy Nevermind, try Wrong (1989) and Small Parts Isolated And Destroyed (1988), might have the sort of drumming you're looking for.

Type
    INFP
    How do you recover from negative feedback?

I'm pretty sure I just got a terrible grade on a paper because I forgot to include a thesis statement in it (LOL!). I'm scared to look because I know I'm going to despise myself after seeing the grade and feedback.

I suspect that this might be a rhetorical question, but answers are welcome too.

edit: nvm. Revised rhetorical question: how can I stop centering my existence around feedback and buy an internal locus of control.
    "Better not to feel too much until the crisis ends—and if it never ends, at least we’ll have suffered a little less, developed a useful dullness...The constant—and very real—fear of being hurt, the fear of death, of intolerable loss, or even of “mere” humiliation, leads each of us, the citizens and prisoners of the conflict, to dampen our own vitality, our emotional and intellectual range, and to cloak ourselves in more and more protective layers until we suffocate." - Toni Morrison

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    How do you recover from negative feedback?
    Try shifting all the blame onto external factors. Works wonderfully for everyone from McDonald's shift workers to national governments.

In seriousness though, it can be a bitter pill to swallow, but if there's truth to it and it's something you can actually adjust, it will probably make you self-conscious about that thing in the future. For example, if you're criticized for being careless and sloppy for not including your thesis, it's a blow to your ego. Next time you might try harder just to prove the asshole who called you that wrong. So, as long as you don't just shift the blame, forget about it, and then go back to playing Battle Ponies III or whatever you like to do in your free time, it should take care of itself.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ahcir View Post
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

dormant
    Type
    xxxx
    am i the only one annoyed by the fact that the edit window before the little edit notice thingy shows up at the bottom of posts is only 10 minutes?

i just think it's ugly.