Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Piano butt?

Spoiler: Piano Butt Music

Though...

Spoiler:

I can vouch these are both great for receiving massages:

Pretty sure they're part of the standard masseur iPod playlist.

That reminds me, @Horatio, the worst part of my first massage wasn't the bruises. It was the Streisand in the background.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

facta non verba interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    INxx
    I missed about 4 math assignments due to a bad internet connection. The Spectrum tech came out and replaced the ancient router/modem unit and all seemed well. Now the unit is constantly blinking online/offline like the old one, but it's literally just down the hallway 10 ft away. Does anyone think it's a coaxle problem? Does Spectrum just suck? I'm so angry about my math grade btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

Type
    INTP
    Is it ok to mix psuedoephedrine and imitrex? My gut tells me it may be a bad idea but I don't know for sure.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    Is it ok to mix psuedoephedrine and imitrex? My gut tells me it may be a bad idea but I don't know for sure.
    I have mixed these before and didn't notice any interaction.

There's a guy in my neighborhood who likes to walk his dog across the middle of people's front yards rather than the sidewalk. I just saw him do it again today. Wtf?

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by interprétation erronée View Post
    I missed about 4 math assignments due to a bad internet connection. The Spectrum tech came out and replaced the ancient router/modem unit and all seemed well. Now the unit is constantly blinking online/offline like the old one, but it's literally just down the hallway 10 ft away. Does anyone think it's a coaxle problem? Does Spectrum just suck? I'm so angry about my math grade btw.
    Spectrum most definitely do suck. you can log into your cable modem, it generally reveals when the internet connection is down, I think it defaults to 192.168.0.200 or 192.168.1.100
    If the light keeps flashing it's usually the modem failing to obtain a FEC lock. It could be there is zero signal in the cable, or could be poor signal/attenuation/interference.
    Might be worth checking the connectors, but the problem may well be that the signal isn't even being fed properly from the box, or maybe there's even some crap in there causing interference, or the cable isn't even screwed on properly at that end.

Spectrum (formerly Time Warner) absolutely suck though. They just hiked my monthly rate ten dollars out of pure greed because they're a monopoly and they lobby and bribe to stay that way (e.g. https://muninetworks.org/content/tim...olina-governor)

Even their DNS servers suck, a lot of the time, people think "the internet" is down and it's just their DNS servers, so you can't do lookups. It's best to manually configure your router to override the default DNS and use google DNS instead at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

facta non verba interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    INxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    Spectrum most definitely do suck. you can log into your cable modem, it generally reveals when the internet connection is down, I think it defaults to 192.168.0.200 or 192.168.1.100
    If the light keeps flashing it's usually the modem failing to obtain a FEC lock. It could be there is zero signal in the cable, or could be poor signal/attenuation/interference.
    Might be worth checking the connectors, but the problem may well be that the signal isn't even being fed properly from the box, or maybe there's even some crap in there causing interference, or the cable isn't even screwed on properly at that end.

Spectrum (formerly Time Warner) absolutely suck though. They just hiked my monthly rate ten dollars out of pure greed because they're a monopoly and they lobby and bribe to stay that way (e.g. https://muninetworks.org/content/tim...olina-governor)

Even their DNS servers suck, a lot of the time, people think "the internet" is down and it's just their DNS servers, so you can't do lookups. It's best to manually configure your router to override the default DNS and use google DNS instead at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
    I'd hoped for your response. The issue is being resolved now. Big thanks man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

Curious Conlanger epistemophiliac's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Can anyone recommend some fantasy bard music like this?

Spoiler: Malukah

Spoiler: DA
    Pedin i phith in aníron, a nin ú-cheniog.
    Kup tar-tor n'zhitlar ik istau - eh ri ken-tor du nash-veh.
    Sa's drisa tonabhiala tomuñ s'eph de'imal'il, sa se lodhe togal'n.
    B'lir inus vorbilim bi mek inus, hiam gi b'ek ilimlimr.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by epistemophiliac View Post
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by epistemophiliac View Post