Page 173 of 186 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1859

Thread: Little questions that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by bettypop View Post
    This is to everyone on here. What is the reason you joined this forum? Is it loneliness? Is it to connect with like mind people? I ask because I don't see the draw here. I have been an observer for a few months and haven't found much stimulating conversations to engage in. I am new here and maybe my being new is the reason I find most threads dull or outright ____________. I am not an INTP, at least I don't think I am, so maybe that's why too. Is this a damnable offense? Not putting you all down either.
    In the wise words of Madrigal:

Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I'm just here for the hot nerds. I dunno what they're saying half the time.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Ordered pizza via Just Eat (that's the local version of Grubhub for you yanks). It took 90 minutes and two phone calls to arrive, entailed having to deal with a delivery guy on the phone who didn't speak English, and it arrived stone-cold and tasting like a brick.

After a third phone call and extended haggling with some woman on the phone, they gave me my money back.

Question: To leave a scathing review on Just Eat or to not leave a review?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Ordered pizza via Just Eat (that's the local version of Grubhub for you yanks). It took 90 minutes and two phone calls to arrive, entailed having to deal with a delivery guy on the phone who didn't speak English, and it arrived stone-cold and tasting like a brick.

After a third phone call and extended haggling with some woman on the phone, they gave me my money back.

Question: To leave a scathing review on Just Eat or to not leave a review?
    Are you looking for vengeance or serve as a warning for others? If vengeance, well, as much as I approve the sentiment of vengeance for a dish served cold, it seems to me that if your ire can be slaked by a Strongly Worded Letter, it can also be slaked by cracking open a bottle of wine and having an otherwise lovely evening.

If you're comfortable being the focus of a cautionary tale, then by all means, bleed your fury onto the internet, then crack open a bottle of wine and have an otherwise lovely evening.

Oh! One other reason for doing so comes to mind: will it be a sufficiently entertaining exercise to finish recouping the loss of time and energy you've spent thus far--funds having already been retrieved? Or will it just be throwing good thrift after bad--in the archaic and valuable sense of the term?

(Sidebar: I had to look up GrubHub)
    You winsome, you loathsome.
    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Are you looking for vengeance or serve as a warning for others? If vengeance, well, as much as I approve the sentiment of vengeance for a dish served cold, it seems to me that if your ire can be slaked by a Strongly Worded Letter, it can also be slaked by cracking open a bottle of wine and having an otherwise lovely evening.

If you're comfortable being the focus of a cautionary tale, then by all means, bleed your fury onto the internet, then crack open a bottle of wine and have an otherwise lovely evening.

Oh! One other reason for doing so comes to mind: will it be a sufficiently entertaining exercise to finish recouping the loss of time and energy you've spent thus far--funds having already been retrieved? Or will it just be throwing good thrift after bad--in the archaic and valuable sense of the term?

(Sidebar: I had to look up GrubHub)
    Thank you for this comprehensive advice.

Yes, I was indeed afflicted by a tinge of community spirit and aim to spare my fellow men the disappointment of that horrendous pizza; which has since vanished, so I'm not leaving a review after all.

Type
    INTP
    Questions for the forum at large, for the sake of saving me like 20 minutes to an hour searching the internet (and that's if I don't get distracted):

1. Is there any really good subscription music app that lets you play entire albums, particularly prog rock, classical, and drunken female singer-songwriters? Thinking of a gift for my dad. He has amazon music, but their software is extremely frustrating to use, doesn't play nice with other devices, etc.

2. Is there an app that easily lets you plan a family menu for the week based on an input of groceries? Or vice versa? I know you can do it recipe-by-recipe, but it'd be nice to make a few clicks and be able to populate a shopping list and week's recipes simultaneously.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    Questions for the forum at large, for the sake of saving me like 20 minutes to an hour searching the internet (and that's if I don't get distracted):

1. Is there any really good subscription music app that lets you play entire albums, particularly prog rock, classical, and drunken female singer-songwriters? Thinking of a gift for my dad. He has amazon music, but their software is extremely frustrating to use, doesn't play nice with other devices, etc.
    Spotify. Get the student version, it's five bucks a month and comes with free hulu.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I wonder if Perdix and Donald Trump are related.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    So my boss was wondering how much propane was left in the huge tank that supplies the furnaces for the camp that I've been working on...and there's a frost line on it that shows what level the propane is at.

...but it got me thinking...why is there a line? I mean, I get that the propane is compressed and becomes a liquid, and that liquid is cold due to compression, so you get differing condensation effects above and below the line marking the top of the liquid...but when you empty half of the propane from the tank, why doesn't it automatically expand in order to fill the extra space in the tank? Why does it stay equally compressed, even when there's room for it to expand?
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Robcore View Post
    So my boss was wondering how much propane was left in the huge tank that supplies the furnaces for the camp that I've been working on...and there's a frost line on it that shows what level the propane is at.

...but it got me thinking...why is there a line? I mean, I get that the propane is compressed and becomes a liquid, and that liquid is cold due to compression, so you get differing condensation effects above and below the line marking the top of the liquid...but when you empty half of the propane from the tank, why doesn't it automatically expand in order to fill the extra space in the tank? Why does it stay equally compressed, even when there's room for it to expand?
    so apparently the part that's not liquid is vaporized propane...but why doesn't it vaporize evenly...why not all expand to an equilibrium?
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Colymbosathon ecplecticos BarIII's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Robcore View Post
    so apparently the part that's not liquid is vaporized propane...but why doesn't it vaporize evenly...why not all expand to an equilibrium?
    Maybe it settles and the top part that's exposed to the gas/air vaporizes? Maybe if you wait longer it will equalize more.

I'm basically thinking of the way I imagine water working.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch