Page 174 of 176 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176 LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1758

Thread: Little questions that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    I wonder if Perdix and Donald Trump are related.
    why?
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    Maybe it settles and the top part that's exposed to the gas/air vaporizes? Maybe if you wait longer it will equalize more.

I'm basically thinking of the way I imagine water working.
    Spent some more time researching this...from what I can tell, presuming that the tank is at room temperature, when you empty some propane from the tank, as much propane as possible will turn to the gaseous form that it has at the ambient temperature...and the pressure of the vaporized propane actually keeps the rest of the liquid propane compressed, and thus, liquid.

I'm not sure what would happen if, say, the ambient temperature were the precise temperature where propane liquefies/gassifies...and you then emptied some of the tank...or maybe just below that temp, or just above...
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    IXTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Robcore View Post
    I'm not sure what would happen if, say, the ambient temperature were the precise temperature where propane liquefies/gassifies...and you then emptied some of the tank...or maybe just below that temp, or just above...
    Propane boils at, -43.6°F or -42°C

If you emptied out a propane bottle at or below that temperature you would have a pool of liquid propane. It'll stay that way because its vapor pressure is less than atmospheric pressure.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by kari View Post
    why?
    Because I ran across some old perdix posts and they looked a lot like Trump Tweets.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Propane boils at, -43.6°F or -42°C

If you emptied out a propane bottle at or below that temperature you would have a pool of liquid propane. It'll stay that way because its vapor pressure is less than atmospheric pressure.
    Okay, then what happens inside the tank? does the propane remain liquid and the rest of the volume of the tank is vacuum? or will there be something opposite to the compression effect?
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    INTP
    I can't find a quick simple answer to this and I'm high: could Magneto (from the comic books) incinerate people if his power were real? What I'm really asking is if high current could be generated through a human body with a moving magnetic field. Assume the power and speed of the field are limitless. And the human isn't wearing anything conductive.

Type
    INTP
    Has anyone ever used a wallet with the protective skin? The ones that are supposed to protect against crooks trying to scan or clone your credit cards. I was wondering do those protective wallets interfere with key cards? I keep my keycard for work in my wallet and the badge scans are about waist high so I don't even have to take my wallet out of my pocket to scan in. Before I get a new wallet, I wanted to know if anyone has experience or knows do the protective skins also stop scanners from reading keycards?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    Has anyone ever used a wallet with the protective skin? The ones that are supposed to protect against crooks trying to scan or clone your credit cards. I was wondering do those protective wallets interfere with key cards? I keep my keycard for work in my wallet and the badge scans are about waist high so I don't even have to take my wallet out of my pocket to scan in. Before I get a new wallet, I wanted to know if anyone has experience or knows do the protective skins also stop scanners from reading keycards?
    The answer to that question is most likely yes, as those protective casings protect against the reading of a card's magnetic strip or whatever shape the magnetically sensitive component is in a card of any description.

Type
    INTP
    If apple has been slowing down phones intentionally, what's to say Video game producers haven't been doing the same sort of thing with their video games, forcing people to spend more money on better graphics cards/computers?

Banned
    Type
    ESTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    taxation doesn't have to be that hard either. There is accounting software that's easy to use. Also we don't sell directly so you get 1099's from different sources. If you decide to form an LLC and work out paying yourself dividends, or creative ways to reduce your payroll taxes, that is when it can get complicated.
    I got scared while first time I filled the tax form. It looked so complicated to me. I am not still used to it. Now I always fill my 1099 and other forms by my accounting software. At least no hassle and pain now.