Type
    INFP
    How rare is it to find mutual love

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    How rare is it to find mutual love
    I wonder if there is a correlation between stupidity and this statistical variable.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrus View Post
    I wonder if there is a correlation between stupidity and this statistical variable.
    I believe this is implied in the German proverb Zu jedem Topf gibt es einen passenden Deckel There's a suitable lid for every pot.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    This is the Devil's final temptation. When you gotta go, you gotta go.

(Don't listen to me, I'm bad at advice)
    Actually, I'd say that's one of your most astute comments and prolly summarized his predicament in a nutshell.

Anybody else here have Elektron gear (Analog Four, Machinedrum etc.) and success using Overbridge?

I have an A4 and Overbridge isn't seeing it. I think my problem is A4 usb drivers not installing. Even tried manually doing it but no dice.

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    If there's a 'movement' against 'manspreading' why isn't there one against 'fatspreading'?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by ent View Post
    If there's a 'movement' against 'manspreading' why isn't there one against 'fatspreading'?
    I'd say the movement against fatspreading is in full swing. AFAIK, nobody actually does anything about manspreading except post photos of it on the internet, but pretty much everyone puts the armrest down when they get on an airplane just in case some obese person sits next to them. Or maybe that's just me.

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    I'd say the movement against fatspreading is in full swing. AFAIK, nobody actually does anything about manspreading except post photos of it on the internet, but pretty much everyone puts the armrest down when they get on an airplane just in case some obese person sits next to them. Or maybe that's just me.
    Maybe, but if recent events have shown us anything it's that posting pictures of fat people on the internet suddenly makes you a hate group.

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    I wouldn't ask for a raise from your new employer unless your decision is to stick with the current job for the extra money. If you've already accepted their offer, then it seems a little late to be negotiating salary, and if they say no and you still take the job you'll look like an idiot. But if you're actually going to turn them down over the extra money, I think it's not only wise but professional to let them know why and give them a chance to improve their offer. No reason why you can't try to have the best of all worlds.
    I asked, and they raised - the current employers never actually formally offered a counter offer, they just suspiciously timed a salary review as all this happened. Now I'm unsure whether to accept their new offer. I am worried I'd just disappoint them at the new salary they are offering. I feel deeply uncomfortable that I have two companies competing over my employment, it feels like being set up to fail.
    Last edited by ferrus; 08-11-2015 at 12:03 PM.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrus View Post
    I asked, and they raised - the current employers never actually formally offered a counter offer, they just suspiciously timed a salary review as all this happened. Now I'm unsure whether to accept their new offer. I am worried I'd just disappoint them at the new salary they are offering. I feel deeply uncomfortable that I have two companies competing over my employment, it feels like being set up to fail.
    That's the taste of success for you. Just go for it and do your best! Experience dictates you'll probably discover five sixths of your new colleagues to be muppets, anyway. Firms always look daunting from the outside.

DO IT