Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Little embarassments that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

Little embarassments that don't deserve their own thread

I just went to the Chinese supermarket and noticed the eggs were not in their usual location. Before I realized what I was saying, I asked a guy working there where the "huevos" were. As soon as I asked this very serious question looking straight into his face, I utterly failed to stop myself from bursting out laughing.

I shouldn't be allowed out in public.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    This is an exchange I had today:

"Are you wearing a costume? What are you?"

"No, this is how I dress. "

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    I had some executive assistant at work write to me in mistake of the helpdesk guy. the helpdesk guy has practically the same name as me, but with an additional R (I don't tire of telling all the wrong emailers that he's the one descended from pirates).
    I ended up writing a whole long-winded rant about how shitty my department was. I used the CC line to check who my Boss' boss was in the global address book.
    Somehow managed to leave his name on the CC line. The feeling was similar to speeding past a cop. A cold, sort-of sinking sensation.

He wrote to me to tell me to consider taking up my issues with my immediate manager.
    I am the son and heir of nothing in particular.

Type
    INFP
    I dressed to the nines. Fly was open the whole time. Story of my life.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INFP
    Went to class today, sat down, and the room started filling up with people I didn't know. I left feeling confused, ran into someone from my class and asked if we were meeting today, and then I remembered daylight savings

The good thing is that I'll do everything an hour early for the next few months.
    "Better not to feel too much until the crisis ends—and if it never ends, at least we’ll have suffered a little less, developed a useful dullness...The constant—and very real—fear of being hurt, the fear of death, of intolerable loss, or even of “mere” humiliation, leads each of us, the citizens and prisoners of the conflict, to dampen our own vitality, our emotional and intellectual range, and to cloak ourselves in more and more protective layers until we suffocate." - Toni Morrison

Type
    xxxx
    thinking somebody said my name but they didn't.

*approaches*
    "...hi."
    "did you call my name?"
    "no."
    "oh, sorry."

classic death.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I sent an email asking a question that was unlikely to receive a satisfactory answer, and instead of "this is a long shot" I typed, "this is a long shit".

Proofreading: best done before clicking send.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Dear supervisor who overheard my last words to a colleague: "I'll put some in a syringe for you" doesn't mean what you think it does. *facepalm*

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    OK, this is not recent, but right up this thread's alley...

My neighbor was coming over to play Warcraft Dark Heresy (a violent and dark game with lots of shooting things in it) with my husband and I. He texted me and asked if he should bring anything. I replied, "Nope, and I'll be waiting out front with an assault rifle so don't try anything." I then realized I had sent the reply to a student who was asking when and where a make-up exam was going to be. I almost shit a brick. To make matters worse, she was a foreign student who wore a hijab, and so all kinds of connotations could have been read into it if she had chosen to freak out. Luckily, when I immediately explained what had happened, she thought it was hilarious.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    OK, this is not recent, but right up this thread's alley...

My neighbor was coming over to play Warcraft Dark Heresy (a violent and dark game with lots of shooting things in it) with my husband and I. He texted me and asked if he should bring anything. I replied, "Nope, and I'll be waiting out front with an assault rifle so don't try anything." I then realized I had sent the reply to a student who was asking when and where a make-up exam was going to be. I almost shit a brick. To make matters worse, she was a foreign student who wore a hijab, and so all kinds of connotations could have been read into it if she had chosen to freak out. Luckily, when I immediately explained what had happened, she thought it was hilarious.
    OMG