Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Little embarassments that don't deserve their own thread

Otaku
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    ughhh. i absolutely hate lying but it's a lesson learned: come up with something bullshit cuz it doesn't matter what you do when you're gone. usually i have trouble fitting into the culture of places already so it's almost funny how i'd go out by committing social suicide. it's gonna hurt asking for a recommendation/ref but the one person i'm asking complimented my work & i didn't drop that geniusbomb when he was there, thank gawd.

i could've punched myself right there tho.
    I thought I was making a joke actually, because while I didn't plan to I wouldn't mind visiting again (to ask them to recommend me for other places). Didn't anticipate it wouldn't be taken as such. yeah...

Type
    INTP
    Everyone knows that you plan on never contacting them again, but few are ok with anyone admitting it.
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Otaku
    Type
    INTP
    Really? Because I'm making plans with them to visit this winter break. Maybe I'm being tone-deaf socially again. Maybe it's kinda expected that I prove I was only jesting. Arghhhh.

Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuri View Post
    I thought I was making a joke actually, because while I didn't plan to I wouldn't mind visiting again (to ask them to recommend me for other places). Didn't anticipate it wouldn't be taken as such. yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Everyone knows that you plan on never contacting them again, but few are ok with anyone admitting it.
    i was also nervous cuz 90% of my work was in front of a computer in a cubicle and i didn't really know these people well at all. i would contact them again for recommendation but it was awful as a "first impression" of me in awkward social situations. it's like i don't even know ur name BAM my mouth just said that please forgive me.

i don't see it as something i can go back on. i know i did good work so i shouldn't feel so bad. i do have to keep up some sort of relationship since i'll have to contact them again a year from now to see the projects finally realized in the physical world.

oh well, everybody's got strengths and weaknesses...
    Unicorns: I occasionally behave like one; while behaving like a unicorn, I put a condom on my horn, stuck it into a dumbbell weight to keep it safe from tarnishing. But my soul was already tarnished; simultaneously, my words were also tarnished.
    --INTPx

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Got on train this morning. Daydreaming and forgot to get off at my stop. Regained consciousness while going past and thinking "hey, that's where I get off to go to work"

Type
    INFP
    I like "fair winds and following seas" as a goodbye forever benediction. I got mixed reactions from "have a nice life" prior to becoming a sailor,

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INtP
    I had Facebook open (ugghhh, I know) and was pulling my laptop away from my toddler and I accidentally friend requested one of the suggestions from the side. I had no idea who this person was. I have absolutely no idea how to use Facebook, but I clicked a button that was like, decline the request or something, I don't know. But it was too late! And the one mutual friend is one half of a friend couple that I have not talked to in a billion years and live in another state.

Someone tell me this is common and nobody will notice this is weird except me.

Type
    INTP
    I got panicky at work today from being temporarily boxed into a space by accident. I'm a little claustrophobic. I don't like how many of my co-workers saw this.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Leak View Post
    I got panicky at work today from being temporarily boxed into a space by accident. I'm a little claustrophobic. I don't like how many of my co-workers saw this.
    I used to work with a guy from West Virginia who didn't like being snook up on, I wish I hadn't been told this, because I was always wanting to walk more quietly than usual around him, like I'd been left in-charge of a "do not push this button" button.
    He was like Karl Pilkington, but 50 pounds heavier and several inches shorter.

-
    Type
    xxxx
    Telling the anxious ENxJ childhood friend phoning to ask why you didn't reply to her Holiday WhatsApp messages: that you didn't get around to check them because you actually didn't leave the house for a full four days and greatly enjoyed not having to speak to anyone for once may in fact not yield the desired result of convincing her that you are, in fact, very well indeed.