Thread: Nanotech in music: quantum distortion pedal!

Type
    INfj

Nanotech in music: quantum distortion pedal!

This forum is a big intersection of music and tech geeks so I think a lot of you will appreciate this.

My brother did a bunch of research and design on this for his part-time job as an undergrad lab tech at the National Institute of Nanotechnology. The corporate sponsor finally got the patent through so now they can start making buzz about it. I'm so proud! (He's not the person in the video but his name is in the credits)

(Sorry about the zillion title edits btw)
    Last edited by Resonance; 11-02-2014 at 09:19 PM.
    Empty your mind. Be formless. Shapeless. Like water. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

Type
    xNxx
    very cool. judging by the sound of the distortions produced, this would have great application for mixing, something like a preamp.

Type
    INTP
    So very cool. Thanks for posting this. I'm surprised this hasn't surfaced in the local papers at all.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    I'm thinking about the fact that this might represent another electronics revolution. I mean, the transistor (based on semiconductors) changed everything, so I wonder what this will bring about.

Thanks for posting it.

Type
    INfj
    Sadly, my brother reports, this can't be used for most of the conventional applications of diodes because it still allows current to flow both ways. It's mostly an analogue signal processing tool. Still, great for the few remaining analogue signal applications (like music)