Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia II: Space Vampires Day 2

Otaku
    Type
    INTP

Mafia II: Space Vampires Day 2

The first Night has finally ended. You find Slab_Bulkhead dead. What did you expect? He was the Town's Innocent Child.

Live list:
    1. Dirac
    2. Dot
    3. LowIQLogan
    4. Slab_Bulkhead Innocent Child
    5. Utisz
    6. Osito Polar
    7. Light Leak
    8. lethe
    9. Hephaestus
    10. Dr. Ahcir
    11. Noir
    12. Polemarch
    13. Granny Smith Mafia Goon
    14. P-O
    15. tele

Day 2 begins now!

Again, things you might want to keep in mind:
    • I will only count bolded votes made in this thread (and other Day threads I create)
    • Vote is plurality. You can change your vote at any time during the Day.
    • The Day ends exactly 48 hours from the time of this post regardless of whether I have announced it. After that no changes to your vote will count.
    • Nights will last 12 hours or until I have received all Night actions.
    • I consider any role from this list fair game.

Do not quote my PMs verbatim or use its wording to prove towniness.
    As I've said before, once dead, players should not influence the game.
    I will address some of the questions as soon as I can.

@Osito Polar, feel free to edit this post with the story, or post it in the thread.

Date: Friday October 31st, 2014
    Time: 8:26 pm
    Place: Mojave, California

Utisz pointed at a roadside liquor store as they were driving back to the house from the crash site.

“Hey guys, pull over here. I wanna get a few things to pay a fitting homage to MacGuffin.”

“Blowup alien sex doll?” asked LowIQLogan.

“I oughta kick your ass.” said Utisz.

“Oh. Sorry. Yeah, too soon.”

Utisz looked back over the front passenger seat at the INTPs in the back. “Fuckin right. I’m gonna pick up a bottle of Bombay Sapphire. Any of you want one?”

“Yeah I do! Thanks, man. That’s generous of you.” said Hephaestus.

“I’m not PAYING. Give me forty bucks.”

“Shit. I’m skint. Here’s … twenty eight and fifty cents. Loan me the rest?” He asked, with a sly grin.

“Christ. Fine.”

“Anybody else?”

He took their orders and a collection of bills.

Utisz returned shortly with an armful of bottles and they drove the rest of the way back to the house, the bottles rattling around in his lap.

When they got home, the INTPs were quiet for a while. They just sipped their cocktails until Lethe broke the silence.

“Does anyone else feel … strange since what we say earlier?”

“Yeah … I feel it too Lethe.” said Noir, shooting her a smile and performing a mock bump and grind. “You feel strangely attracted to me too?”

“No. No. No, I don’t.” she said with an amused smile. “Do you feel like we’re being watched?”

Slab responded “YES! Yes I do. The aliens or vampires are watching us for sure! I thought the gin on the rocks would calm me down but it’s not. I’M NOT IN LEAGUE WITH THEM. Stop looking at me, people. Stop. Fucking. Looking. At. Me.” He downed the rest of his drink in a single huge swallow. Then, ice cubes rattled around in his glass, held between nervously shaking hands. “Stop looking at me.” He studied the people in the room as he walked back into the kitchen to pour another.

“WHO THE FUCK PUT THAT IN THERE!?!” His voice shot up in timbre, past the breaking point, turning into a shriek. Slab’s glass dropped the floor as he retreated back into the room. His ice cubes clattered around and slid all over the floor.

The INTPs went into the kitchen to look, and they saw Granny Smith’s Grover mask sitting upon the refrigerator.

Behind them, Slab said “You fuckers! You’ve killed me. You’ve killed me. Granny Smith lies dead but dreaming and I can feel her coming for me from the grave. Forbidden magics are being arrayed against me! Phantasmagoric visions of squamous things from the boundless vastness of space --”

Dirac said “Slow down for a second. WE didn’t kill you. As I recall you were in on that action! Ever since you got that replica Game of Thrones sword all you’ve been talking about is how - “ At that moment, Slab screamed and threw up his arms. His skin bubbled and erupted in blood, seemingly boiling with an invisible heat.

The INTPs scattered away from Slab as his skin started smoking. It was though all of the moisture was being sucked out of him. His body dessicated into a mummy-like shell of itself and drew still.

“Fuckin A, guys. That was too intense for me.” said Noir, looking down at him.

Everyone stood in silence for a moment.

“Umm … this might not be the time, but I’ve really gotta take a dump. Anybody want to tinkle before I hit the head?” asked Noir. He waited a beat and then started going towards the bathroom.

“Hey light a match when you’re done, ok?” asked Logan.

“Too soon, man.” said Hephaestus.

“What? Oh.”

Slab was innocent.
    Last edited by Osito Polar; 11-07-2014 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Added story.

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    who received PMs from somebody claiming to be the cop last night?
    chatting on discord

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    who received PMs from somebody claiming to be the cop last night?
    I got a PM last night from someone claiming to be the cop. I PMed Slab before he was killed to verify this claim and he told me that two people were claiming to be the cop.

Type
    xxxx
    there are a few people i strongly suspect now.

and Utisz better start talking in a way that makes sense.
    chatting on discord

Type
    INTP
    A game strategy question:

Would this be a good time for the cop to reveal his role and investigation results?
    Don't remember changing this.

Type
    INXX

Fact.
    That's my poop stirrin' stick- Don't touch it! You don't know which end is the handle..

Type
    INTP
    Guys I am so confused wtf.

Ok, thoughts time. Assuming that Slab isn't fucking with us, two people claimed to be the cop last night. As we discussed last night, that would be a pretty dumb thing for a mafia to do. Now that it's actually happened though, turns out it's actually kind of difficult to speak about all of this without names, but names are scary because they could get the real cop killed. Maybe they are trying to get us to publicly compare notes and then kill of the real cop? No actually, that would be stupid because then we just kill the other fake cop and we've killed two in two days. I can't see a way of getting this to work and it be the mafia. So let's assume for a second that neither person is mafia. That would mean we have a townie pretending to be a cop for some reason. The only reason I can think of is to protect the real cop, but that seems to be kind of undone by the fact that the real cop also claimed cophood.

I also received a PM from somebody claiming to be the cop.

Maybe we should all just PM each other and claim to be a cop.

Actually, is it possible that there is more than one cop??

Type
    INTP

Who else?

Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirac View Post
    Who else?
    as you said, it's a hard decision to name those names.

one thing i'm sure about is that Utisz needs to start making sense. nobody understands him completely, and he's playing a bit suicidal for a townie.
    chatting on discord

Type
    INTP
    as you said, it's a hard decision to name those names.

one thing i'm sure about is that Utisz needs to start making sense. nobody understands him completely, and he's playing a bit suicidal for a townie.
    Gotcha. Another thing is that because everything is going so mental it feels like maybe there's some big convoluted plan going on. If there's anyone who I would suspect of instigating a big complicated plan involving fake cops it's Utisz...