Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Photography

Type
    INXj
    That crab. Wow.

I don't feel like eating crab anymore. Sebastian, is that you?

wait i think i posted this already.
    Last edited by flurps; 01-30-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by flurps View Post
    wait i think i posted this already.
    That monkey does not look happy to see you.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

yeah, they were pretty weird about eye contact. racist monkeys.

Formerly PiccoloNamek Lunar Delta's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Some random pics I've taken semi-recently:

A rock formation off the Oregon coast:

Stark Lighting in a more-than-a-little creepy abandoned building:

This place was awesome to explore; see the whole series here: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Picc...?sort=3&page=1

Nearly full moon rising over Mount Saint Helens. Sadly I seem to have lost the original image:

Hazy, dusty air over Phoenix Arizona. This took hours of very subtle editing to finally fulfill my vision

Random woman waiting for the train in Portland, OR. This was the first image I took with my Canon 50mm F1.8 lens, a cheap but extremely high quality lens:

Sunrise at a local park:

More to come as I remember and uncover my better images.
    Last edited by Lunar Delta; 02-01-2014 at 04:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by omnirook
    I like it cold - and raining. That keeps the public private - behind closed doors, where they belong!

Type
    INTP
    Pont de l'Archevêché, Paris.
    Last edited by skip; 03-09-2014 at 02:14 AM.
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that a problem.

Type
    INTP
    My friend bought a baby llama so we went to see him (he has legs, he's just lying down). He is very sweet. Fun fact: llamas hum.

My friend raises sheep (yes, that's a sheep). This one is named... wait for it... Belle.

Mamma with one-day-old babies. There are two nursing, the one in the back is hard to see. We made the mamma nervous so we only stopped long enough to take a picture.

Here's one of my friend's prize-winning turkeys, displaying for his lady on the right. She doesn't seem particularly impressed.

Chickens enjoying a dirt bath. When the gray one in front is standing up you can see his leg feathers which make him look like he's wearing pantaloons, when he ran up to us I couldn't stop laughing.

Just to complete the pastoral scene, here is a surrey with the fringe on top that went by.
    Last edited by skip; 03-09-2014 at 02:13 AM.
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that a problem.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    If you think silkies are funny, you should see a Polish chicken. They have a feathered crest, but unlike the mildly dignified Sultans, theirs is a poof-ball that flounces like a feathery koosh.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Formerly PiccoloNamek Lunar Delta's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Rainy street shot in Seattle:

"Glory" effect during flight to Ohio. Stuff like this is why I ALWAYS take the window seat!

Very dark, rainy, and steamy night:

Some pretty images of questionable photographic value:

The white dots in this image are not an error or artifact; they are hundreds of thousands of seed floaters released by local trees:

An image of the chillest-ass amphibian I've ever met. This guy/girl seriously did not give a fuck. Either that or their metabolism was so low (it was rather cool out) they simply couldn't react:

Chilling on the Willamette River. Every time a boat went by it made the floating dock jump up and down. First time it happened almost gave me a heart attack:

Quote Originally Posted by omnirook
    I like it cold - and raining. That keeps the public private - behind closed doors, where they belong!

Type
    Intp
    I love the river photo. Rivers are just so cool to me. The seed floaters photo is way cool, also.
    All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage. Mycroft Holmes

I am not programmed to harm human beings. Baymax