Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mysterious bruises

Type
    INTP

Mysterious bruises

I'm getting mysterious bruises on my forearms. I never used to bruise easily before, but now I just see them popping up and I don't remember bumping into anything. What the fuck is going on? Does anyone else have this?

Edit: Sorry, not my forearms, the upper part of my arm, whatever that's called. /doesn't know engrish
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    A lot of times bruising comes from intense localized pressure. Often heavy labor related.

I know that there have been times when I had to give it thought to figure out what caused multiple bruises on my arms.

'Oh yeah, I was lugging in the TV by myself.'

Sometimes if I press on the bruise, and feel the pain generated, it helps remind me of the chore that was painful in the same way.
    Creativity is the residue of time wasted. ~ Albert Einstein

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionzRevenge View Post
    A lot of times bruising comes from intense localized pressure. Often heavy labor related.

I know that there have been times when I had to give it thought to figure out what caused multiple bruises on my arms.

'Oh yeah, I was lugging in the TV by myself.'
    I can't think of anything. I also can't think of anyone having grabbed me there. I hug my arms when I go to bed but that has never caused bruising before, unless for some reason I've started crushing my biceps in my sleep lately. Doesn't sound likely. I'm just afraid of having some deficiency.

Sometimes if I press on the bruise, and feel the pain generated, it helps remind me of the chore that was painful in the same way.
    Lol, I'm not that brave. Ugh, this looks so gross.

Type
    INFP
    I have a reoccuring mysterious one on my right outer thigh. I have yet to be able to pin point its cause though i suspect its doorway related.
    Oh fuck it, Its the 90's.

Type
    INTP
    That also happens to me. Actually, I'm covered in bruises right now!

They come in clusters. Often they look like thumbprints and are in my soft spots like mid thigh or arm, so I know they aren't from unknowingly bumping into things. I also have recurring bruises on my upper inner calves.

When I was little, the story I heard was it had to do with mild anemia or something similar. I haven't figured out the cause, but have noticed it's more likely to happen when I've been drinking too often. For a long time I assumed they came from hurting myself clumsily or being a little rough during sex without realizing because I was drunk.
    Whatever the cause, I still "treat" it by taking vitamins, eating some extra meat, increasing water and rest.
    Don't remember changing this.

Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I can't think of anything. I also can't think of anyone having grabbed me there. I hug my arms when I go to bed but that has never caused bruising before, unless for some reason I've started crushing my biceps in my sleep lately. Doesn't sound likely. I'm just afraid of having some deficiency.

LOL, the next question has a inside joke cuteness to it.

Do you recall recent dreams (Especially just prior to awakening) where you need to do something physical or say something like cry out and your actions are sluggish?

For our benefit, REM sleep normally induces complete muscle atonia so we don't take a stroll out the window or whatnot. But in dreams where we seem partially paralyzed we are actually aware of being only just that.
    Creativity is the residue of time wasted. ~ Albert Einstein

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by lethe View Post
    That also happens to me. Actually, I'm covered in bruises right now!

They come in clusters. Often they look like thumbprints and are in my soft spots like mid thigh or arm, so I know they aren't from unknowingly bumping into things. I also have recurring bruises on my upper inner calves.

When I was little, the story I heard was it had to do with mild anemia or something similar. I haven't figured out the cause, but have noticed it's more likely to happen when I've been drinking too often. For a long time I assumed they came from hurting myself clumsily or being a little rough during sex without realizing because I was drunk.
    Whatever the cause, I still "treat" it by taking vitamins, eating some extra meat, increasing water and rest.
    The anemia thing could be, I haven't been eating meat lately. I drink tons of water though because I'm always drinking mate. Maybe I have to change my diet. I did get a little tipsy on some rum recently, but that's it as far as alcohol goes. I'll try vitamins maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by OrionzRevenge View Post
    LOL, the next question has a inside joke cuteness to it.

Do you recall recent dreams (Especially just prior to awakening) where you need to do something physical or say something like cry out and your actions are sluggish?
    I don't get the inside joke. I do suffer from sleep paralysis on occasion, why?

Type
    INTP
    Yes, I would recommend the vitamins. A simple well rounded multivitamin should cover you and catch you up on any common deficiency.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by lethe View Post
    Yes, I would recommend the vitamins. A simple well rounded multivitamin should cover you and catch you up on any common deficiency.
    This is going to sound extremely dumb, but one of my little neuroses is a fear of pills. I know it's just vitamins but eh. I have to get over it.

Type
    INTP
    I'm wondering what about them make you uncomfortable? The swallowing? Thinking of them as potent? Or as chemicals?

I get the chewable ones. They even come in gummies. Would this still make you uncomfortable?