Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Right...the eyebrows

Type
    intp
    I have very expressive eyebrows, and I am very fond of them. There's a scar that runs through the narrower end of my right brow, and youthful attempts to create symmetry created strange experiments in shaping that I largely avoid these days. I trim my brows with tweezers about every other week, and recently have tried "shading" the sparser parts with an eyeliner brush, but I expect only I notice the difference.

Type
    INTP
    I'm rather fond of eyebrows and loathe the pencil-thin trend so many women seem to go for.

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I'm rather fond of eyebrows and loathe the pencil-thin trend so many women seem to go for.
    Mmmmhmmmm. For better or worse this look makes me dismiss people as trash pretty quickly...I can't believe how its being actively marketed...

Anyway, I like my eyebrows. Big, strong. Like the guy who played spock up there...
    @Hephaestus: I too can only raise my left eyebrow independently.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    The blue eyeshadow in that particular photo is just atrocious though. It might be a cultural thing but I associate blue eyeshadow with trailer parks, greasy spoon diners with chainsmoking waitresses who no longer give a shit about anything (or possible never shit anymore, hence their crass demeanor), and older middle aged church ladies coping with aging by smearing on cheap makeup with a trowel. I can almost smell it just thinking about it.
    Bright one colour blocks of eyeshadow look rather weird but I mostly associate it with girls who like to experiment with make-up.

Pffft. Try "You have a pretty mouth". It doesn't matter if it's true or not. The result is always on the "Hi! I'm a rapist!" side of creepy. By comparison, talking about earlobes is on the shy and awkward side of creepy.

I'm now thinking someone should work up a two axis chart for creep taxonomy with little zones for orientation.
    Well, you can make the comment about earlobes a bit creepier if you follow it with "they look like nibbling them might be enjoyable".

It would have to be a complicated chart since the creepiness of a sentence depends on body language, distance from the person you are talking to, are there other people around and whether you tried to touch the body part you complimented (among other things). Perhaps it needs to be an app that uses complicated calculations to give you an approximation of the creepiness of what you just said to someone. Then everyone would just stare intensely at their smartphones when they talk to other people. Oh wait, they do that already.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwitch View Post
    There's a scar that runs through the narrower end of my right brow
    This is the first thing that came to mind when I read your post.

Type
    INTP
    I used to be able to move my eyebrows independently of each other but out of habit I mostly just raise the left one so I've lost the ability to do much with the right. I have been told that I have really expressive eyebrows though. When I'm particularly animated, they will punctuate what I say.

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
    @Dot @tele @Hephaestus. Why does everyone have mobile eyebrows. It's unfair. I'm envious of people who can move their eyebrows independently of each other. My facial muscles are useless. I can lift both of my eyebrows together. Yay.
    Same.

I am scarcely away of the basics of my personal appearance half the time, so niceties such as this are completely beyond me. As it is I am pretty sure I have fairly generic eyebrows.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Always late to the show Sol4rplexus's Avatar
    Type
    ENTP
    Eyebrows are great, but so are pointy noses. <3

Type
    INFP
    I'm left-handed but I can only raise my right eyebrow. Have I just been using the wrong hand my whole life?

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INTP
    I don't pay enough attention to them. I get them waxed when I do the rest of what I have to wax, but I don't make them too thin, I dislike that.

If I could remember to pay attention to the faces I'm making at any given time, I'd refrain from raising my eyebrows too much because my forehead wrinkles when I do, and I also dislike that.
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    I prefer to shave them. I hear the Frankenstein look is considered sexy.