Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Business ideas INTP-style

Type
    INTP

Business ideas INTP-style

Are there any INTPs businesspeople here? What are your experiences ?

I like to come up with ideas for starting a business but never did start one.
    Maybe its because i dont really have the drive to do it or i did not find the right idea.
    I dont know.
    I mean i always thought that in order to be succesful in business you need to be passionate about your service or product and what that really translates to is that you will have no time for anything else.
    Well this is too much for me to digest.
    I have various interests and i want my time to pursue them, but at the same time i would love to be able to start a business and run it without having to put all of my self into it.

Anyway what do you think is good business idea for an INTP?

Type
    INTj
    Yes.

I started a business and my niche boomed, I invested and that took off as well.

You don't have the drive? Well suck it up buttercup, that feeling of tiredness and desire to take the easy path affects us all -- just remember what's at the end of the tunnel, lots, and lots of money. Which actually is not the key to happiness as I've recently found.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Yes.

I started a business and my niche boomed, I invested and that took off as well.

You don't have the drive? Well suck it up buttercup, that feeling of tiredness and desire to take the easy path affects us all -- just remember what's at the end of the tunnel, lots, and lots of money. Which actually is not the key to happiness as I've recently found.
    ok.
    what is your business?
    are you passionate about it?

Type
    INTP
    I imagine an online business of sorts would be a decent fit. Or make an enterprise out of some Engineering/Science skill after some time in the workforce, that seems to be more common with members here.

eyeing you rabbit warrior kitsune's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    a vast moor in the old world brimming with jackrabbits where three rivers decussate
    For years, I've wanted to start a pie shop. It would be new to market here. I came up with a great name, registered the domain in .com, .de and .eu variants, did competition research, pricing, tested and adjusted recipes to local taste buds and that was as far as I got. People back home still ask me today if I ever got that pie place up and running like I wanted to.

"
    'I cannot play with you,' the fox said. 'I am not tamed.'" - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Le Petit Prince (1943)

REMINDER TO SELF WHEN DEALING WITH THE RABBIT WARRIOR: "All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu,
    The Art of War

Type
    INTP
    i would like to offer alternative education to children and get paid from their parents.
    I would take the schools' curriculum and explain it again in a critical, creative and analytical way.
    "Why" would be my favorite word.
    Actually now that i think about it i would name the project" WHY?"
    It could be a website where various experts from different fields would critique the school's curriculum via videos, stories, cartoons etc
    Also there will be a forum for kids to discuss those issues and a meetup feature to enable study meetings etc.
    I think this kind of business would be of great benefit to the society and may be it could be a start for changing the school system for the better.
    But i have no clue how to set this up, run it or how to monetise from it.
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by username; 12-05-2014 at 12:12 PM.

Type
    INTj
    Quote Originally Posted by username View Post

What is your business?

What are you passionate about?

Any ideas?
    I owned/programmed an online currency exchange for several years, eventually working up to an average of 20k/day in revenue -- taking 10% for completely anonymous bitcoin conversions. I took my earnings and invested into a different currency which I had inside knowledge of, which I TRIED to tell our MBTI compadres -- the results can be seen here: http://forums.intpcentral.com/showth...Nextcoin/page1. The OP encouraged people to buy into it, but I modified it excluded personal banking information.

What am I passionate about? Adrenaline (why I recently joined the Navy), money (still, to some extent), programming, investing, working the system... etc.

Yes, this is not a good business model. If you want to make money, come up with a product or service to sell.

Type
    xxxx
    Find a an ESxx partner or subordinate to cover for your areas of weakness.

Type
    INTP
    Why would I give away a good business idea? If you have a good one, keep it to yourself. Then, get patents, trademarks, copyrights, establish trade secrets, etc. Build the IP picket fence. Even with good IP, it's hard to avoid being screwed by the multinationals. But, they have a diffusion of intelligence--which is to say, they're stupid and slow. I have made my lawyers rich and I've sent their kids to universities. That's a good thing, isn't it? If you like sleeping at night, though, keep your 9-5. If you're an adrenaline junky, go for it. To me, sleep is a waste of time. I've just started my fourth because I'm too easily bored. It's a personality defect of mine.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    Find a an ESxx partner or subordinate to cover for your areas of weakness.
    I worked some place where the ENTJ dept head had a lower level ISTJ serve as a watchdog/snitch. His job was to keep the dollars & cents in order. He was very good at following the letter of the law on every acctng matter. Pointing out others' mistakes he threw in for free. He couldn't understand the spirit of the law and thus alienated a lot of people due to his obsessiveness and literalness. Two people bolted in under a year. In some places that would be serious red flag but as long there are no surprises before the board, I doubt she'll care. I know some vendors started to nickel & dime with added fees for dealing w/the ahole. Eventually people won't want to deal w/them unless their starting rate is higher and good personnel won't want to perch there. For a small firm I'd say it'd be problematic but for a big corp, when it's just the one ass the boss is looking to cover, it would likely be allowed to continue.