Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help choose a logo for Javul.org

Type
    IXXX

Help choose a logo for Javul.org

Update: As discussed I have chosen number 6 on page 1.

As some people might know I'm attempting to create javul.org, a website where people can work together to try to solve problems, and make products and services better.
    I posted a job on freelancer.com where people have submitted their ideas, about 170 of them (some of them are not that good and some are duplicate so the real number of logos to choose from is fewer). I liked some of them and I marked them with 3 or 4 stars and they appear on page 1.
    I apologize there are no numbers in the logos to help you choose but you can say something like: "#3 on page 4". Counting starts from the first image on the top left. You can also say something like Page 1, 3rd row and 5th from the top.

My favorite as of right now is page 1, 2nd row and 5th from the top. Its not rated as the person who submitted deleted the first submission and he re-uploaded it. My reason for the choice was that it quickly shows the concept of the website and is a simple design. There are others which are pretty good too so its a tough choice and that's why I'm here. I'd like to know what people think and I hope to get some good feedback. If there's a choice that stands out or if it has multiple votes and it looks good I'll likely choose that logo.

Interestingly choosing the logo is exactly the kind of stuff that the website wants to be able to help in: people working together online to work on issues.

My next steps for anyone curious: (2) I will create another freelancer job for creating a new website template where the website's aesthetic design and colors will be based on the logo. (3) After I finalize the documentation of how the website will work, I will create a job description to get the website built.

Logo Gallery:

Page 1:

Page 2:

Page 3:

Page 4:

Page 5:

Page 6:

Page 7:

Page 8:

Current Results with multiple votes:

2 votes:

Thank you all to those who have voted or given feedback!
    Last edited by Crocobear; 12-16-2014 at 02:24 PM. Reason: logo chosen

Type
    INTJ
    I saw a pattern in looking at the pages - I liked almost everything that user "rramosn" submitted.
    Also "logoprint" on the top right of page three was very eye catching, though it may be because it looks a little like Tatung's font and logo.

Type
    IXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    I saw a pattern in looking at the pages - I liked almost everything that user "rramosn" submitted.
    Also "logoprint" on the top right of page three was very eye catching, though it may be because it looks a little like Tatung's font and logo.
    For reference here's a screenshot of the entries by rramosn. I liked two of his entries. Between the first two on the top left which one would you like better or is there another that you like the best?
    Page 3 (top right on this page was mentioned) | Logo for Tatung. Is this the one you were talking about?

Type
    INxP
    I liked:

No. 2 and 17 on Page 1.

No. 3 & 10 on Page 5.

No 6 & 20 on Page 6 (possibly both).

No. 15 on Page 6: I didn't really like it but it's cool that a generic font wasn't used ... that the name itself was "branded". That seems useful to me for spaces where you can't fit a full logo.

Type
    INTP
    #17 page 1
    #2 page 3
    #8 page 6 - except cut it down to six puzzle pieces by removing top or bottom row

Type
    IXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Utisz View Post
    I liked:

No. 2 and 17 on Page 1.

No. 3 & 10 on Page 5.

No 6 & 20 on Page 6 (possibly both).

No. 15 on Page 6: I didn't really like it but it's cool that a generic font wasn't used ... that the name itself was "branded". That seems useful to me for spaces where you can't fit a full logo.
    #2 on page 1 seems to be a popular choice so far. It wasnt my first choice but it was one of my favourites. So counting me, you and Limey, its 3 votes for that one. We'll see if there are multiple votes for any others.

I like #3 on page 5 too but as much as I do for #2 on page 1. I didnt understand what #10 on page 5 was trying to show with the blue square. Maybe a table.

I'll edit the first post to show results so far for any logos with multiple votes.

Type
    INxP
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocobear View Post
    I didnt understand what #10 on page 5 was trying to show with the blue square. Maybe a table.
    A table makes sense in terms of perspective, but as my first impression I saw it as a doorway or a portal.

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocobear View Post
    For reference here's a screenshot of the entries by rramosn. I liked two of his entries. Between the first two on the top left which one would you like better or is there another that you like the best?
    Page 3 (top right on this page was mentioned) | Logo for Tatung. Is this the one you were talking about?
    I like the second one on the screenshot of rramosn entries. I'd like the third one too, but the choice of colors on the figures is too close to reality, I mean, some could say there are yellow people and they've even been placed on the eastern side of the globe. It should be red, blue, and green people.
    The second one hits a bunch of points: It shows a global collaboration effort, the people's arms make it look like a big cog and there are enough people spanning the earth as groups, not just a few "token colors" although I'm not sure that the pink man should be on top, not that I'm opposed to this (or this isn't the true nature of the world) but some might call it out on that.

Yes, that's the logo for Tatung, The page three top right logo has a nice striking logo and font, I like it, but it evokes Tatung for me, I think the font is the same as Tatung. I think it's different enough not to be a problem and you'd be in a different industry.

Type
    IXTP
    I like #2 on page 7

I really like that sharp pointy look.
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 12-07-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Type
    IXXX
    Thanks MarkovChain.

Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    I like the second one on the screenshot of rramosn entries. I'd like the third one too, but the choice of colors on the figures is too close to reality, I mean, some could say there are yellow people and they've even been placed on the eastern side of the globe. It should be red, blue, and green people.
    The second one hits a bunch of points: It shows a global collaboration effort, the people's arms make it look like a big cog and there are enough people spanning the earth as groups, not just a few "token colors" although I'm not sure that the pink man should be on top, not that I'm opposed to this (or this isn't the true nature of the world) but some might call it out on that.

Yes, that's the logo for Tatung, The page three top right logo has a nice striking logo and font, I like it, but it evokes Tatung for me, I think the font is the same as Tatung. I think it's different enough not to be a problem and you'd be in a different industry.
    Thanks for the input and I noted your point about the pink color being on top. I also liked the logo that you liked so with two votes I listed it in the voting results now.
    Yea the logo similar to Tatung's would be different enough.