Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Xmas 2014 Thread

Type
    INTP

Obligatory Xmas 2014 Thread

Now that we're through Thanksgiving, what are your plans for the holiday season this year?

Type
    INTP
    I'm not sure what I'm going to do for Christmas this year. Spending it alone is a distinct possibility, though I won't go out of my way to be a miserly hermit. You guys might hear from me a lot over the next month.

Type
    INFP
    I don't know. Family Xmas is the Saturday before the 25th. I think I'll go out drinking. It's the one day of the year my passion for Rumplemintz is kinda festive.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INTP
    I usually like to take two weeks off, but I want to save an extra week for next year so I can take a month off with some buffer in summer. It's my mini-sabbatical. We don't go anywhere, just stay home with some local trips. I've seen enough of the world.

Anyhow the logistics look like I'll get the two weeks off, with a three day period before New Years where I'll work. From home probably, so that's relaxed. Vacations just mean I don't have to mess with the office which is nice (don't have to talk to anybody), I'm home doing the same thing more or less.

Type
    INTP
    - Going to Belize with the family (excited)

- Not exchanging gifts. Not even stocking stuffers.

I'm not sure which of the two is better.
    Don't remember changing this.

Type
    INTP
    Going to visit my family. Not sure what days yet because my siblings have not decided when they are going to be in town yet, and I want to be there the same time they are. I don't want to be the only one still at my parents house after they're gone. All I know is everyone will be there at some point on Christmas day, but no one can tell me if they are arriving before Christmas day or staying after or what.

This is upsetting my mother in law because she wants to plan her Christmas and I don't know what to tell her because I don't know how long we'll be out of town for Christmas with my family. I've already upset her though because she wants to do Christmas on the 27th and I don't think that's very likely because I doubt we're going to get up and travel on the 26th. Everyone is generally exhausted the day after Christmas. 27th seems more likely to be the day we travel home.

Type
    INTP
    Pretty small this year. We haven't gotten a tree yet and don't plan on buying many gifts beyond a few main ones for the kids. Most of our time will be spent fixing up and decorating a house we bought a couple of weeks ago. I always like the time off from work - not that work is bad or anything, time off is better though.

Type
    INtP
    A billion family christmases.

Going to in-laws' extended family christmas get-together and was just informed tonight by mother-in-law that we should buy presents for all of cousins' kids. WTF? They're nice and all, but I don't think we've gotten Christmas cards every year from most of them. Apparently they are going to get our kid something, so now I feel obligated. I'm not even sure if mother-in-law is correct....yeah they all get their nieces and nephews things, but I don't expect them to get stuff for my kid. So now that's 8-11 more gifts for me to buy, depending on who all shows.

Type
    INTP
    I was making tentative plans to visit family but I'm kinda thinking right now that I just want to hole up in my apartment by myself and do that thing this year. The girl will be away visiting family the week of xmas, might be nice to just have some alone time. I don't want my family to be offended but tbh I'm not really that worried about it.

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen
    So now that's 8-11 more gifts for me to buy, depending on who all shows.
    Buy inexpensive McDonalds gift cards for all of them. That way it's cheap for you, the kids will go "Yay! I'm going to McDonald's and the parents will pay for the rest of the meal when they realize there's only a buck fiddy on the card.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.