View Poll Results: When you get an unwanted gift, you generally...?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Re-Gift

1 20.00%
  • Exchange but tell gift giver

0 0%
  • Exchange WITHOUT telling the giver

0 0%
  • Stuff in the back of the closet

2 40.00%
  • Try it anyway

2 40.00%
  • Kick it to the curb w/rotting Christmas Tree

0 0%
  • Cash out!

0 0%

Thread: What Do You Do w/an Unwanted Gift?

Type
    INTP

What Do You Do w/an Unwanted Gift?

ĎTis the season~

What are you most likely to do with a gift you donít want? Do you ever tell the gift giver you donít like it or need it? If you ever gave a gift the recipient thought was whack, would you want to know?

Whatís the worst gift youíve ever gotten?

Type
    INXX
    I light it on fire, yell, "Sausage!" and launch it into the sea with the trebuchet I built for that purpose. Afterwords I dance around it in the nude before I cover it again with a ceremonial purple tarpaulin. This has proved to be an effective means of dealing with them as they never find there way back after that.
    Last edited by LordLatch; 12-08-2014 at 05:04 AM.
    That's my poop stirrin' stick- Don't touch it! You don't know which end is the handle..

Type
    INTP
    This lacks the it depends option. I don't treat every unwanted gift the same. Some things I regift, some I may sell later, some I just give to a friend or donate and sadly some are still stuffed in my closets. I don't tell the gift giver that I didn't like the gift. That would not be very polite. But I'm getting less unwanted gifts than I used to since I'm promoting heavily the idea that I don't want/need any more stuff.

I don't care what someone does with a gift I gave them. I would rather they give it to someone who will use it than keep it in a closet out of a weird sense of duty. This applies even to gifts I've made myself.

Type
    INFP
    If cheap booze: Add to my potential molotov cocktail collection in case of zombie apocalypse or whimsical rioting.
    If food: Will try and toss pending taste.
    If White Elephant: Depends, a World War 2 era still packaged C-Ration sits proudly on one of my shelves, also in case of zombie apocalypse.

Type
    INTP
    Take it back if the receipt was given, or re-gift it.

Re-gifting has been a hoot this year..
    If Biden is the answer... what the fuck was the question?!

Type
    isfp
    I don't regift because I'm paranoid somehow the person I regifted to will know the person who gifted me the item i regifted and then I'll look ungrateful

My mom got me a pink stun gun. I've never used it and don't intend on using it ever because if someone deserves to be hit with a stun gun there's big chance they just deserve to be shot w my gun instead.

I mean a taser I think would've been more practical but those are expensive. So I guess the stun gun is pretty much one of the worst gifts I've gotten. I'm not getting that close to someone to just rip it away from me and use it on me or just throw it out of my hand

I don't return gifts because I dont usually get expensive gifts. So it's never worth standing in line to return something for 20 bucks or 20 bucks store credit, at most. I hate standing in the return line.

--

I got my friend a gift card to Cheddar's because shed been begging me to go with her (I think she just likes the name). Well after she went with her husband she told me how nasty their food was and I was kind of like well shitttt my bad

Had a bad experience gifting someone Shari's berries too. I feel responsible when my gift of choice turns out to be shit.