Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bored to death at school

Always late to the show Sol4rplexus's Avatar
    Type
    ENTP

Bored to death at school

Hi!

The lessons at my school are so unchallenging and the other students are so dull that they need the easiest shit explained to them a hundred times before they finally get it. So most of the time I'm just waiting for the others to catch up, which results in me starting to daydream away and having trouble staying focused (and awake)... and it's affecting my conduct grade.
    I'm also not allowed to just leave and pretend I'm sick... because not being here often enough will also negatively affect my grades.
    So I'm pretty much stuck here until exams.

How do you deal with unchallenging lessons where you are miles ahead of everyone else but are not allowed to text on your phone or draw?

Type
    intp
    I dropped out of school, worked great for me.

Type
    INTP
    As did I.

a fool on a journey pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Can you not choose more challenging classes? If not, I would drop out. But how can they keep you from drawing? I suppose if dropping out weren't an option I would write something under the guise of taking notes.

Type
    INFP
    Dropout here. Can attest to it's greatness.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Always late to the show Sol4rplexus's Avatar
    Type
    ENTP
    Dropping out is not how you start a career...
    I want to study neuroscience. Might be a tad overrated, but it's kinda my thing.
    But to do that I'll need to pass through this shit first.

The reason I have to repeat this noob class is because I just moved here from another country last year and they didn't approve of my school certificates.

Type
    INFP

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I people watched. Watching my peers paying attention was actually pretty entertaining. Depending on the class they would break and check their phone or draw. The ones that took a moderate amount of notes were particularly interesting, it was cool watching them decide what parts of the lecture they didn't think they'd totally remember vs. the parts they felt they would.

In classes like that you're probably not the only person struggling to not zone out either. Some of my classmates would have the most interesting zoned out faces.

So I would go between paying attention to everything in the room except the professor, and just not paying attention to anything I wasn't imagining.

Hope that helps.

Type
    INTP
    Ask to test out? Discussing the issue with your teacher is more likely to get you somewhere.

But, I'm with pathogenetic_peripatetic on this: how the hell can they keep you from doodling? It's an easy way to appear to be taking notes. If that seems too risky, try journaling. That also looks like note taking.
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Type
    INTj
    Either drop out or test out. School's for fools. Kidding about that last part really, but it does suck.