Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Evil Twin?

Type
    INTP

Your Evil Twin?

Say the cosmos suddenly spat forth your "evil twin". As in: another you, except (more) "evil" (than you).

My evil twin would be "selfish" in the way most people take the word to mean, as in selfish at the expense of others. He'd still be principled (in the "lawful evil" sense of D&D), only he'd lack a respect of other people's humanity. He wouldn't set out to shove old ladies or randomly kill others. Not capriciously evil. He'd see other people like animals (in every sense from pet to livestock), to be used or disposed of to serve his ends, but otherwise of little to no interest to him.

He'd still have all the same interests and occupations as me, as well as the same general demeanor as me. He'd still have my general sense of style (or lack thereof), we'd both generally avoid society, etc. So, I don't think most people would be able to tell which of us was the evil one through casual observation alone. It would take nontrivial interaction.

He'd not seek me out to destroy me, just because I'm the "good" version. In fact, he'd not notice I exist unless I somehow presented an obstacle to him. Meanwhile, I wouldn't seek him out, but if he'd crossed my path in such a way that I observed his evil nature, I'd scheme at his ruination. In a direct fight, all other criteria being equal, he'd win, for while I still respect his humanity, he would not recognize mine, leaving him free to take actions I would not.

Yes, this is essentially a redux OP from another place, but the idea popped into my head again, so I figured what the hell

Retired
    Type
    XXXX

Type
    INTP
    I say a lot of facetious things and tell outright lies for personal amusement, but I always break into a grin after 30 seconds or less and come clean. It's not my goal to actually have people believe the ridiculous things I say.

My evil twin would be under no such restrictions, and would lie for personal gain and manipulation. He'd also be remorseless about the lies as well.

Type
    INTP
    Actually, I say a lot of untrue things anyway but don't always fess up to because I assume they are so silly that people understand they are untrue.

Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    I guess I'd want to know about the Nature/Nurture angle. Assuming it would be mostly a matter of Nurture, I'd want to know where the great divergence occurred. Like ST Nemesis.
    Creativity is the residue of time wasted. ~ Albert Einstein

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionzRevenge View Post
    I guess I'd want to know about the Nature/Nurture angle. Assuming it would be mostly a matter of Nurture, I'd want to know where the great divergence occurred. Like ST Nemesis.
    Tsk, tsk.

Say the cosmos suddenly spat forth your "evil twin".
    This gives room for mustache-twirling villains and such. ST Nemesis, which undertook the nature/nurture whatnot, gave us angsty bald guys.

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    I think my evil twin would be a lazy bastard. Would probably avoid working however possible, mooch off of family and friends (possibly still living with parents), steal, be an unrestrained alcoholic, and would most likely wind up in prison after trying to rob a pharmacy.

Type
    INFP
    I assume an evil twin of mine would be into sins of commission as opposed to the bread and butter of my wickidness, sins of ommission. Maybe he'd be a financier who cut people off in traffic and texted at the movies and kicked animals when nobody was looking. I'd defeat him because I have nothing to lose and have in my heart.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    i'm not sure if even the evil-me is capable of falling to the bottom of the bottomless pit that is evil.

she'd be an asshole, though. an impossibly selfish, egotistical, verbally abusive, manipulative and uncompromising asshole, merciless in her criticism and obsessed with realizing all her fantasies in life no matter the cost. deep down she'd be an empty person, but would be very persuasive and influential in getting others to bend to her whims. then she'd get bored, pick up and leave before any real responsibilities develop, leaving a trail of death behind her.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    i'm not sure if even the evil-me is capable of falling to the bottom of the bottomless pit that is evil.

she'd be an asshole, though. an impossibly selfish, egotistical, verbally abusive, manipulative and uncompromising asshole, merciless in her criticism and obsessed with realizing all her fantasies in life no matter the cost. deep down she'd be an empty person, but would be very persuasive and influential in getting others to bend to her whims. then she'd get bored, pick up and leave before any real responsibilities develop, leaving a trail of death behind her.
    Can't resist. Reminds me of: