Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playoffs and SuperBowl XLIX

Type
    INTP

The Playoffs and SuperBowl XLIX

The Wild Card games are next weekend and we're about 15 min away from being able to post an NFL Playoffs Bracket.

SO

Who do you like in the playoffs?

Any Superbowl predictions?

As a life long Denver fan, I was hoping that this was their year( to make up for the indignities of last year), but their play as of late has me a bit worried. I see big problems playing the Patriots in New England.

Bracket and predictions to follow.

Type
    INTP
    Wild Card Playoffs

Arizona Cardinals at Carolina Panthers January 3, 2015 4:35 pm ESPN

Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers January 3, 2015 8:15 pm NBC

Cincinnati Bengals at Indianapolis Colts January 4, 2015 1:05 pm CBS

Detroit Lions at Dallas Cowboys January 4, 2015 4:40 pm Fox

Initially I'm favoring Arizona, Baltimore(if LaVeon Bell is out),Indy,Dallas

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopharian View Post
    Wild Card Playoffs

Arizona Cardinals at Carolina Panthers January 3, 2015 4:35 pm ESPN

Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers January 3, 2015 8:15 pm NBC

Cincinnati Bengals at Indianapolis Colts January 4, 2015 1:05 pm CBS

Detroit Lions at Dallas Cowboys January 4, 2015 4:40 pm Fox

Initially I'm favoring Arizona, Baltimore(if LaVeon Bell is out),Indy,Dallas
    Hard to go against any of those. I wonder if Marvin Lewis gets canned if Cincy doesn't win?? I don't really know how good Indy really is. I didn't know Bell was hurt. That's huge. I'd love to see Balt win and then go dismantle NE in Foxborough. Man, I really hope that happens.

As I think about it, I think Carolina beats AZ. I know Cam is still a bit tender but I saw some of the Cards' game today and they were having a hard time containing Cap. I know Cam doesn't like to run as much but I think he will now that it's all on the line.

As much as I'd like to see Romo implode, I can't see Dallas losing to Detroit.

Type
    INFP
    Carolina, Pittsburgh, Indy Dallas. All the home teams. Arizona looked bad today (although I'd like to see a host team play a super bowl for fun). Big ups to Seattle for making me hate a team more than Dallas, thus making the Seahawks my cowardly pick to go all the way. My sentimental pick is the Lions because Detroit could use a pick-me-up and Calvin Johnson is too damn good to win nothing. Sure there are some dirty players there but at least they keep it on the field.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INTP
    Bad missed pass interference call in the Detroit game. The good news is Dallas will get knocked out next week if they play like that next week.

It'd suck being a bangles fan. All that money locked into Dalton. You're stuck being one & done for the next five years.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    The Eagles are like, totally going to be in the Superbowl this year. They just have to score a lot more touchdowns and field goals than the other fellows. If Chip Kelly can build a time machine, it could totally happen!

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    It'd suck being a bangles fan. All that money locked into Dalton. You're stuck being one & done for the next five years.
    You could always be a Bears fan stuck with Cutler, in which case you're none and done with a price tag that makes Dalton look like he's working on a paperboy's salary.

Detroit should have beaten Dallas, they played a better game in all respects, and that's me saying something because I despise Detroit. The Seahawks will finish off the Cowboys though, there is no way JJ can sell his NFL darlings against a team everyone knows is superior. Green Bay should destroy the Panthers, but it's hard for me to pick who will win in the inevitable Seattle vs. Green Bay game. If Seattle plays their top game, they'll win, if they don't and Rogers hits his groove, even with an injury, Green Bay will take it.

The Patriots will take the AFC baring Tom Brady having a really bad day. As a team, New England is still the best in the league. Even in the Pats lose, Tom Brady still wins if you know what I mean...

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INFP
    The NFL never ceases to amuse me. I'm more fascinated by losers than the winners, especially once people start getting the axe.

Someone seen as a good coach while winning today is a bad one while losing tomorrow. There's very little rhyme or reason to it. There are great coaches and there are terrible coaches, sure, but the vast majority of them are all basically the same kind of mediocre with the W/L variance coming from luck, team chemistry (more luck, basically), and transcendent players (also luck).

Bill Belichick is the supreme example of someone who can actually make a significant and consistent difference as a head coach in the NFL. This is basically because he's not dumb, like the others. I'm still amazed that someone like Belichick could work his way into his position considering that the field is populated with ESTJ types who advance based solely on personality, appearance, etc.

Type
    ENTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    You could always be a Bears fan stuck with Cutler, in which case you're none and done with a price tag that makes Dalton look like he's working on a paperboy's salary.
    I'm so grateful to have moved here from another state, otherwise I would be a Bears fan and hating life. Although I feel bad for my friends and neighbors, I do take a small amount of satisfaction that everyone has finally been forced to acknowledge what I've said for years: Cutler is a cancer.

Detroit should have beaten Dallas, they played a better game in all respects, and that's me saying something because I despise Detroit.
    The Lions are simply dirty. They have been for years and haven't changed. Dallas executed very poorly and was bailed out by some bad calls

The Seahawks will finish off the Cowboys though, there is no way JJ can sell his NFL darlings against a team everyone knows is superior.
    I wouldn't jump to this conclusion. The Cowboys won their regular season matchup, and it wasn't a fluke. The Seattle defense was challenged by the dual threat of Murray's running and Bryant's ability to blow the top off. Seattle's offense is underwhelming honestly - Russell Wilson is a very smart (and classy) quarterback, and Marshawn Lynch is an otherworldly ogre - but I don't think it's irresistable. While I agree that Seattle is the better team objectively - in the sense that if both teams played the exact same schedule, I think Seattle would win more games - I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Seattle will win. There's a nontrivial chance that Dallas pulls the upset.

Green Bay should destroy the Panthers, but it's hard for me to pick who will win in the inevitable Seattle vs. Green Bay game. If Seattle plays their top game, they'll win, if they don't and Rogers hits his groove, even with an injury, Green Bay will take it.
    The Panthers are abysmal. They only beat the Cardinals because the Cardinals are on their eighth-string quarterback. A paper clip would beat the Panthers. It's hard to pick against Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs, and I think he will probably carve up whoever they play. But a lot rides on that Seattle-Dallas game, because I think Green Bay matches up better against Dallas than they do against Seattle.

The Patriots will take the AFC baring Tom Brady having a really bad day. As a team, New England is still the best in the league. Even in the Pats lose, Tom Brady still wins if you know what I mean...
    The Patriots are the best prepared team in the league, not necessarily the most talented. Gronkowski adds a dimension to that offense that cannot be understated though. Indianapolis isn't quite there yet, although I'd like to believe in Luck. I wouldn't be shocked to see Baltimore come out of the AFC.
    We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us.

Type
    INTP
    Y'all are speculating about the wrong NFC matchups. It's Carolina at Seattle and Dallas at Green Bay.

Historically, the bye teams are heavy favorites in this round.
    Your gardening sucks and your avocados ain't fruitin'. -- Sappho the Maestro