Thread: Stormlight Archive

Type
    INTP

Stormlight Archive

Anyone read Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive series? He wrote Mistborn which is ok, but Way of Kings and Words of Radiance are far better epic works. It's a huge undertaking to read one of the two books he has out for the series right now, akin to reading A Game of Thrones book. I'm more optimistic of Sanderson finishing his epic series vs GRM finishing A Song of Ice and Fire.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Works View Post
    Anyone read Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive series? He wrote Mistborn which is ok, but Way of Kings and Words of Radiance are far better epic works. It's a huge undertaking to read one of the two books he has out for the series right now, akin to reading A Game of Thrones book. I'm more optimistic of Sanderson finishing his epic series vs GRM finishing A Song of Ice and Fire.
    Initially I was very optimistic about your recommendation. I don't read much fantasy but I did finish all of the existing Ice and Fire books about 5 years ago and now I'm waiting for GRRM to get off his fat ass and finish up the story before he dies or HBO surges past him and ruins the book endings. However, I now am finding out that Sanderson has 8 more books to go. 2 years in between releases brings an optimistic projected finish date of 2030. As with many people, my gluttonies have been exacerbated but modern technologies which allow me to binge consume media. I'm setting a reminder in my phone to start reading these books in December of 2028.

Edited to Add: If they cant be flash written in to my consciousness by then.

Type
    INTP
    Yeah, Sanderson is also taking breaks from writing the series and writing different books to he doesn't get burned out.

Type
    INTP
    @Ptah It's really only akin to GoT in regards to size of the book. Stylistically, they are very different books.